Senior People and Team Development Professional (Performance Psychology)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Education|
|Contract Type||Part Time|
Consultant role – Approx. 100 days a year
The deadline for applications is midnight on Monday 3rd December 2018.
Win the World Cups in 2022 and 2023 and sustain success thereafter
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams. Over the next 3 years we are building the team at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This role will contribute to the strategic and operational development and delivery of a World leading people and team development service to all England teams across our pathway. This service will be innovative and world-class; you will be a vital team member of a faculty supporting England coaches, players, teams and support staff on key aspects of psychological, social and cultural development.
The scope is broad and exciting as you will be applying your coaching skills, relational skills and positive attitude to implement and enable the development of World Leading capabilities in self-management, communication, leadership, inter-personal relationships and high performance team culture.
The role is for a developmental coach who will be expected to deliver outstanding team facilitation, manage an end-to end camp methodology for culture development, support coaches and staff to excel and be able to apply performance psychology at team and individual levels. Central to the role is an exceptional ability to be able to use feedback effectively to support sustained performance, the ability balance advocacy with challenge to outstanding effect and build deep levels of rapport and trust.
The role will require excellent self-awareness and a deep understanding of how beliefs about human potential impact on performance.
This role will be in a faculty of internal People and Team Development coaches who support and deliver a consistent developmental approach to England teams including working on camp at home or overseas as required.
Our P&TD coaches need the capability to model and promote a multi-disciplinary approach involving all relevant performance disciplines.
The role requires initiative, capacity to adapt to changing circumstances, making a positive impact and high levels of energy. Self-management will be critical, as well as knowing when to seek out support when needed.
There is an expectation of strong team collaboration to ensure colleagues benefit from shared learning, insights and excellence.
- Educated to degree level or beyond in psychology, education, coaching or related science or arts back ground , you will have outstanding knowledge of applied developmental psychology and demonstrate a belief in the capability of yourself, team members and players.
- You will have applied experience from elite sport, and ideally in working with adolescents and young adults. As a world class practitioner you will be able to evidence your use of supervision and ongoing personal development.
- You will have a track record of making a positive impact as a coach to individuals and teams throughout your career.
- Being able to evidence your own learning and development is essential. There is an expectation that you will be capable of actively contributing ideas and opinions to the team and be able to accept direction as appropriate.
- You will need to bring energy and positivity to the role, and, thriving under pressure always recover from setbacks quickly.
- Your facilitation will be outstanding and you will be capable of engaging teams often in spontaneous contexts, with insightful, innovative and stimulating learning outcomes. Ultimately leading to sustained high performance.
- As an excellent relationship builder you will be able to put others at ease in contexts related to their role.
- You will be a highly competent planner who can balance short, medium and long-term priorities.
- You will be able to consult effectively and contract appropriately with people and teams to understand their needs.
- Communication will be a stand out strength in all forms, allowing you to get your message across clearly at all times.
- You may not have worked in football previously, however you will possess the experience and intellectual agility to gain a deep understanding of the game and its future needs.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.