Event Manager (UEFA Champions League Final)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations, Strategy & Research, Planning & Strategy|
Division / Unit: Operations / Club Finals
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: 07.01.2019
The Event Manager plans, project manages and implements the annual UEFA Champions League final in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Establishing a strategy and project implementation concept for the UEFA Champions League final, including scope, deliverables, project risks and dependencies;
- Assuming all project management tasks, including event planning and definition of milestones;
- Assuming project budget responsibility;
- Agreeing on service levels and resource usage with internal competence centres, including a staffing deployment plan;
- Planning, preparing, implementing and closing the event in general;
- Leading UEFA's project team during the preparation phase and on-site;
- Overseeing, guiding and aligning all subprojects (competence centres) involved in the final;
- Ensuring delivery of the event in line with the objectives;
- Negotiating with the stadium suppliers
- Leading the debrief process;
- Closing the accounts for the event in close cooperation with the finance division
- Leading a project team in a matrix structure and accountable for the successful operations of the UEFA Champions League Final
- Managing the UEFA Champions League Event Coordinator.
- Planning and delivering the venue management side of the event;
- Planning, conducting and overseeing site visits;
- Support the Venue Director in meetings with the (potential) finalist clubs.
Dialogue partner with LOC/external stakeholders
- Acting as the main contact for the local organising committee (LOC) as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
- from 4 to 6 years event and/or venue manager in the organisation of major sports events, of which at least 4 years as event project leader
- more than 7 years in the sports industry, of which at least 2 years in football
- Bachelor's in marketing, sports management or to do with the event industry
- English / Proficient
- Languages other than English would be an asset
- Budget Management / Proficient
- MS Office Proficient
- Project Management / Proficient
- Strong leadership, communication and negotiations skills
- Strong project management skills
- Able to work accurately under pressure and to remain calm in busy, potentially stressful situations
- Appreciates working as part of a team in a multicultural environment
- Able to identify and evaluate existing or potential problems;
- Willing to travel
- General football knowledge
The Union of European Football Associations is the administrative body for association football in Europe.