Legal Counsel - Data Protection & Privacy
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
Closing Date: 28 November 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To lead on the legal support to the FA Group on all data protection and privacy issues.
- Responsible for the provision of legal support to the FA Group on the legal compliance requirements regarding data protection and privacy
- Devising and implementing strategies to ensure legal compliance
- Proposing policy amendments to existing data protection and privacy policies, and processing the documentation changes required
- Working closely with the Data Protection Officer in relation to data protection compliance
- Work collaboratively with all relevant internal stakeholders
- Working with the other members of the legal team to provide proactive advice to The FA Group on data protection matters
- Managing the FA Group’s responses to Data Subject Access Requests and putting in place procedures to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation
- Providing support in relation to the Football Regulation & Litigation team’s other responsibilities
What we are looking for:
- Between 2-5 years working as a qualified solicitor at a major law firm.
- Must be able to demonstrate a breadth of relevant knowledge of data protection law.
- Ability to demonstrate clear and concise written and oral legal advice.
- Ability to demonstrate the application of robust legal advice in a practical manner.
- Excellent academic record.
- Previous experience of sports law (preferable).
- In house secondment experience (preferable).
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.