Technical Operations Engineer
Deltatre are looking to hire a technical individual with knowledge and experience in video streaming and IT application infrastructure to provide support to internal and external clients on a shift basis for our OTT operations during live sport matches (Football, Golf, Tennis, etc).
The successful applicant will join a team whose tasks are to support the operations and configuration of our expanding portfolio of online video players and OTT video solutions for multiple high-profile clients in the sporting and broadcasting world. This is a technically demanding role and requires the individual to be a strong team player, possess the ability to multitask, and be able to perform calmly and efficiently under pressure.
A passion for Sport is extremely valuable for this role and ability to work flexible hours is mandatory, as due to the nature of our work, evening and weekend shifts will be necessary.
Following training on deltatre’s products and services, the Support Engineer will be responsible for:
- Providing live operational support to key projects ensuring that all services are running while monitoring software and hardware key performance metrics.
- Supporting the video encoding technologies used by the company.
- Monitoring the hosting platforms before and during operational events.
- Operating and Monitoring live video encoding and packaging for live sporting events.
- Ensuring that operations run smoothly, by creating and following operational and technical job sheets and checklists.
- Ensuring that all monitoring is set up appropriately and efficiently.
- Working with various hosting platforms on premises, Azure/AWS cloud to monitor and configure applications.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent all-round IT support skills.
- Experience working with Live online video streaming.
- Willingness to work late shifts and weekends, given the timing of global sports operations.
- Experience working with cloud service providers like MS Azure, AWS and/or Alibaba
- Good PowerShell and/or command line skills very desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (able to clearly and credibly explain technical concepts, issues and solutions to people who may not have the same technical background).
How to apply:
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you have any special requirements for the interview process.
Depending on the role the interview may include a practical test as well as an interview.
Interested candidates are invited to send a short letter of application and curriculum vitae.
Please note that we can only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.