Media Account Coordinator
Our client is UEFA’s exclusive agent appointed to manage the centralized commercial rights (broadcast, sponsorship and licensing rights) of the UEFA Nations League 2018/19 & 2020/21, the European qualifiers to UEFA EURO 2020™ and to the 2022 FIFA World Cup, the UEFA EURO 2020™ and all other UEFA national team competitions.
Purpose of the Job:
Our client Media unit is responsible for the sales of broadcast rights (Media Sales) and the account management and rights delivery for UEFA broadcast partners (Media Account Management).
As part of the Media Account Management team, the Media Account Coordinator will be responsible for providing continuous support to selected broadcasters to enhance their exploitation of rights and commercial activation while respecting UEFA contractual framework. The Media Account Coordinator will also provide support in the implementation of dedicated projects related to the account management of the broadcast partners.
- Responsible of day-to-day account management of certain UEFA broadcast partners.
- Understand and apply the media account management policies in the delivery of services to UEFA broadcast partners.
- Help UEFA broadcast partners maximize their rights acquisition by providing tailored solutions and support to dedicated UEFA broadcast partners.
- Provide support for certain project(s) within the account management team which could include public screening program, on-air branding, etc.
- Build a strong business relationship with UEFA and UEFA broadcast partners
- Bachelor degree in sports, media, sales or advertising (business school or university degree).
- Three to five years’ experience in the sports media and/or media field.
- Experience in TV operations in programming and/or commercial department.
- Experience in media rights acquisition and/or account management in an international agency and/or media platform is an advantage.
Business know-how and IT-skills:
- Excellent understanding of the media landscape and related sports consumption/exploitation.
- Good understanding of the global broadcast market and related sports rights.
- IT-literate (MS Office, presentation tools).
- Knowledge of sports media landscape and good understanding of global sports rights.
- Demonstrable understanding of working structures and processes of a sports broadcaster.
- Understanding the different refinancing opportunities available to broadcasters and specifically sports broadcasters.
- Excellent communication skills: a high standard of written and spoken English with an attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills: able to work under pressure and keep sense of priority.
- Excellent team spirit: cooperates well with colleagues and clients.
- Solution-oriented: capacity to analyse situations and to pro-actively propose solutions.
- Client-orientated: be reliable and build strong relationship with clients.
- Flexible: ability to adapt to changing environment.
- Confidentiality: manages sensible information with care.
- Culture: multicultural education or experience.
- Fluent in English (English-language mother tongue is an advantage)
- Fluent in another non-European language is an advantage.