Event Technology Manager
The ABB FIA Formula E Championship is the electric street racing series and the world’s first fully-electric international single-seater category in motorsport. Formula E brings electrifying wheel-to-wheel action to some of the world’s leading cities, racing against the backdrop of iconic skylines such as New York, Hong Kong, Paris and Rome.
The fifth edition of the ABB FIA Formula E Championship will see 11 teams and 22 drivers compete in 12 cities spanning five continents in the fight to be crowned champion. Riyadh, Saudia Arabia, hosts the season-opener on 5th December with the championship coming to a close in July.
Formula E is more than just a race to be the best - it’s a competitive platform to test and develop road-relevant technologies, helping refine the design and functionality of electric vehicle components and speeding-up the transition and uptake of clean transportation on a global scale.
Working at Formula E
At Formula E we have created an environment that supports our colleagues to perform at their best. We are innovative, curious and we love the world we live in which is why we value sustainability. We believe that work should be fun and whilst we are passionate about delivery we are one team and supporting each other is key to our success.
Your role is to plan, co-design, coordinate and partly implement track technology infrastructure with our providers during all of Formula E ePrix. This includes Timing, CCTV, Event Security CCTV, Track Backhaul, WiFi for Media Centre, Offices, Hospitality and Activations, Track internal communication. This role will be reporting to the Head of Technology.
Day to Day responsibilities
Coordinate planning, design, implementation and operation of the following deliveries with our partners and providers:
- Timing, Telemetry and Race Management
- Event Network and Backhaul
- PTT network
- Activation support
- Media centre and Office support
- TV production support
Next to the race you will oversee finances and recharge our delivered services to partners. The successful candidate will also be required to join site visits to potential race locations to evaluate the feasibility of a race delivery from a technology point of view.
Outside of the season and during races you will be integrated into the local Technology team helping us to deliver a great service to our employees and stakeholders. Like every member of the technology team you will be supporting users, helping during migrations and designing new internals systems that we build.
Desired skills and experiences
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once with priorities
- Event Technology experience preferred
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP networks, internet connectivity and mobile platforms.
- Basic knowledge in Radio Frequency Management
- Technical competence in building and designing networks
- Strong team player and willingness to perform hands-on functions.
- Very good communication skills, solid team work ethic and positive attitude for learning new skills and technologies quickly.
- Excellent research abilities to supplement experience in resolving issues and providing advice/recommendations on technical subjects.
- Ability to interface effectively with users in a multilingual environment and respond quickly to changing situations.
- Patience is essential.
- Passion for technology and sport
- Passion delivery and desire to inspire
- Be hungry, humble and people smart (know how to interact in a team under pressure)
Please apply with a cover letter and details of your current remuneration
PLEASE NOTE: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. Formula E is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a unique opportunity, a competitive salary and an environment that inspires innovation and supports professionals to perform at their best in their chosen fields.