Head of Digital Partnerships
Department: IOC Television & Marketing Services SA
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-ended
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: As soon as possible
Deadline to apply: 13.11.2018
- Lead the IOC’s efforts to maximize the value of non-Games media rights, reserved rights, and content IP, with third parties, including global digital and social media platforms.
- Participate in the definition of and oversee the execution of the IOC Digital platforms content and product distribution strategy, including the Olympic Channel.
- This position works across a matrix of departmental work streams accross IOC entities, including the Olympic Channel.
- Create and implement a strategy to maximize the value of select rights with digital / social media entities.
- Optimize value creation through increased revenue, data acquisition and other benefits that enable the IOC to meet its strategic objectives (including those of TMS and other IOC functional departments).
- Directly support the IOC’s broader ambition to be the largest aggregator of direct fan relationships through partnerships.
- Serve as the lead relationship manager for global digital / social partners across the IOC, and act as subject matter expert for digital and social media platforms in contribution to business development / revenue generation efforts, client servicing, and brand management.
- Oversee implementation of the Olympic Channel’s market-specific content and product distribution strategy.
- Identify opportunities to exploit content and create value for digital and social media platforms.
- Ensure successful execution of all managed partnerships, including implementation support to internal functional departments.
- Support the Vice President, Broadcast & Media Rights and peer - Head of Broadcast & Media - to optimize Games Broadcast Rights monetization.
- Champion the usage of social media platforms as critical tools for growth and to drive the IOC’s business objectives.
- Act as a thought leader in the space, developing case studies and enforcing enforce best practices.
- Establish the measurement infrastructure to track, analyse and communicate quantitative metrics and business trends.
- Project Management: Act as lead in projects/initiatives as assigned by Vice President.
Education; language and IT competences
- University degree or equivalent in business, marketing, brand management, advertising or related field; Higher education qualification or equivalent (master’s/bachelor’s degree, Federal diploma, etc.) a plus.
- 10+ years of experience creating and managing digital partnerships or business development.
- Significant experience working at or directly with digital and/or social media companies from within media / sports / entertainment organizations.
- Minimum 10 years leading and developing diverse, multi-cultural, multi-functional teams.
- English fluency both spoken and written; French and/or other language an asset.
- Excellent command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and of corporate tools and compliance with internal usage rules (Livelink, Outlook, etc.).