Chief Executive - New Zealand Football
- National sport leadership role
- Leading people and developing culture
- Auckland based
- Attractive, executive remuneration package
Football is one of New Zealand's favourite games, is the highest participation team sport and provides experiences and opportunities for all - male and female, young and not so young, talented athletes and community level players.
Reporting to the New Zealand Football Executive Committee (ExCo), the Chief Executive will lead and manage the organisation to deliver the whole-of-football strategic outcomes. The Chief Executive will:
- provide clear, decisive, collaborative and effective strategic leadership to the New Zealand Football community;
- develop and maintain a spirit of transparency, trust, co-operation and goodwill with all stakeholders; and
- identify, manage, develop and recruit key people to the organisation building a positive culture and reputation for New Zealand Football as an employer of first choice.
To be considered for this role you will need to be an experienced leader, with the ability to engage and develop lasting, positive relationships with the football community as well as engaging with a broad and complex range of stakeholders. You will have a collaborative nature and approach to work as well as a proven track record of effective people management. You will also have unquestionable integrity and a reputation as a strong, persuasive and inspirational leader.
As a practitioner of modern business methods you will require the capacity to think, plan, prioritise and monitor at the strategic level and possess solid financial acumen, including the capacity to interpret and report on financial performance.
Your brand positioning and marketing skills will be matched by your ability to identify and capitalise on opportunities, finding innovative solutions to deliver stable and diverse revenue streams. As the 'spokesperson' for football in New Zealand, the ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with the stakeholder family and the media is essential.
Given the popularity and profile of the sport of football this role is clearly one of the prized sport-business positions in New Zealand.
Residency Note: New Zealand Football will consider internationally based candidates who meet work and character visa requirements and will accommodate time for relocation, should this be required, prior to commencement.