Science and Medicine Administrator
|Sector||Science & Medicine|
|Function||Medicine & Science, Anti-Doping|
The role is required to provide administrative support to the Science and Medicine team. The role will largely support the Athlete Biological Passport (ABP) and Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) programmes. Another key focus of the role will be to work with the Testing team in monitoring athlete performances to assist test distribution planning.
- A bachelors’ degree or equivalent in an area relevant to the position, for example, biochemistry, biomedical sciences, exercise physiology, pharmacology, sports medicine, sports science
- Knowledge and understanding of the mechanisms of action and effects of drugs used in sport
- An understanding of the physiological demands of sport, how athletes train, and what sometimes drives them to push the boundaries
- Experience completing critical reviews of scientific literature and presenting summarised results
- Experience of managing, analysing, and interpreting data
- Experience working with others to achieve a goal
- An understanding of data protection and confidentiality
- Self-aware, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable analytical eye for detail
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member or on own when required
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with a network of key people internally and externally
- Ability to work in a highly process driven administrative environment
- Competent user of data management software systems, and Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and accrue one days annual leave for every year of service, up to 30 days
- Two days paid Sports Leave and one day paid Volunteer Leave per annual leave year
- Christmas closure, between Christmas and New Year (not deducted from your holiday allowance)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Healthy Lifestyle Benefit
- Flexible Start and Finish times (start between 08:00 – 10:00 finish between 16:15 – 18:15)
- One working from home day per week after successful completion of probationary period
- Eye care Vouchers
- Government Pension Scheme (LPGS) with four per cent pension allowance on top of your basic salary
How to Apply
To apply please complete the attached UKAD Application Form, Criminal Conviction Declaration Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and submit by Friday 23 November 2018.
Please note CVs and or cover letters will not be accepted.
UK Anti-Doping (UKAD)
UKAD is the national organisation dedicated to protecting a culture of clean sport.