|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations, Venue Management & Spectator Services|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Responsible for overseeing the technical strategy of the FA and to ensure that it aligns with the wider organisational goals and strategy. To ensure that all projects and development activities are in line with the technical strategy, and to provide ownership of all technical standards and best practices and ensure that these are followed.
- Develop a deep understanding of The FA's business strategies and the strategic direction of the Company.
- Act as the architectural design authority for the organisation. Advise on future technical strategy and roadmap to keep our technical architecture forward looking and as a minimum fully in support.
- Assist with the high-level architectural design of systems, ensuring that they fit into the overall vision for FA technical strategy. This includes supporting the IT Leadership team with the alignment between the business strategy and the technical strategy and communicating the key strategy and reasoning behind technical decisions.
- Manage the architectural relationship with third party software vendors and partners.
- Provide technical consultation/mentorship to all project teams, acting as the technical application design authority on multiple projects.
- Own the architecture documentation ensuring it is kept up to date, clear and complete. This includes developing and maintaining technical standards and best practices, leveraging industry standards, and continually improving processes and techniques that will improve performance and maintainability of applications.
- Communicate and ensure the use of standards and how the vision of a services-oriented architecture can be realised.
- Support the development and continuous improvement of IT policies, process and documentation in order to continually enhance the overall service to the business.
- Proactively keep up-to-date with latest developments in technology. Identify improvement opportunities for The FA based on technical knowledge and industry trends.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in owning and overseeing technical architecture and providing technical direction to a team.
- Experience in logical data design, and in designing schemas for relational and document database systems.
- Experience in designing distributed, transactional systems.
- Experience in designing asynchronous, message-based architectures.
- Knowledge / experience of microservice-based architectures and associated patterns.
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns and their application.
- Experience of object oriented design.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of source control best practices, continuous integration and automated deployments.
- Commercially minded with extensive experience translating business strategy into technical strategy.
- Experience in facilitating meetings with project stakeholders to capture requirements.
- Able to effectively gather and assimilate information.
- Experience in facilitating meetings with project stakeholders to capture requirements. Has the ability to translate technical language into non-technical language.
- Ability to build good relationships with internal and external stakeholders and colleagues.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience of Agile/Scrum/XP methodologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Knowledge of Sitecore CMS
- Knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, T-SQL, .NET in an enterprise environment
- Qualifications – TOGAF or similar
- Technology experience within Football or other sporting associations/stadiums, and/or a working knowledge of sports administration systems.
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.