Volunteer Program Manager
About the role
The Volunteer Program Manager is responsible for designing and implementing a world-class Volunteer Program aligned to overarching tournament vision and objectives, including leading the recruitment and management of the optimum number of capable, energised and motivated volunteers. This includes leading a team of Host City Volunteer Coordinators.
This is a unique opportunity to build and implement the Volunteer Strategy and help to leave a lasting positive impact on the Australian Cricket community.
- You have proven experience either leading or playing a significant role in delivering a volunteer program for a major event including working directly with volunteers
- You are a born communicator with strong relationship building skills. You enjoy engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders and are easily able to adapt your style when necessary
- You are a mature professional who understands the requirements of a successful volunteer program, with the ability to train and motivate a collaborative and engaged volunteer workforce
- You have a high level of initiative, the ability to manage conflicting priorities and
- You thrive under pressure and can manage conflict with a calm and solution-oriented approach
To be successful in this role, you must be someone who enjoys working in a high energy, innovative, collaborative and fast-paced setting, and is not afraid of hard work. Your extensive experience to date will have equipped you with the ability to create and deliver innovative solutions ideally gained within the major events or sporting landscape.
Come and join us in delivering one of the biggest sporting events in the world!
The ICC World T20 2020 is cricket’s ultimate prize in the fastest growing and most accessible format of the game. T20 is the vehicle to attract new, more diverse and younger audiences to the game.
In 2020, Australia has a unique opportunity to host this major global event. The eyes of the world will be on Australia as the 10 best women’s teams and 16 best men’s teams, compete to be crowned world champions. This will be the first time that the ICC World T20 has been held in Australia and follows the highly successful ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, staged across Australia and New Zealand, which delivered record-breaking attendances, visitation and global television audiences.
Keen to join our team?
- Please click 'Apply' below and include a cover letter outlining your interest and expectations by midnight Wednesday 14 November 2018.
- ICC World T20 2020 offers a competitive salary package, employee benefits, flexible working conditions and a fun working environment.
- We embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We value diversity. We encourage all people to apply for this role.
- Applicants must be able to obtain legal working rights in Australia.