Participants Relations Assistant
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Events & Operations|
OC SPORT OVERVIEW
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports, especially in running, cycling and triathlons. The company can be found in every outdoor arena: oceans, lakes, mountains, deserts and city centres. Operating from bases in Switzerland, France, the UK and Singapore, OC Sport is an award-winning and leading event management company and rights-holder.
The Client Sales & Services Assistant will be working across the following events, within our Outdoor Sports team:
Harmony Geneva Marathon for UNICEF 2019
La Tour Geneva Triathlon 2019 • 20km of Geneva by Geneva Airport 2019
Possibly other events
The role will encompass the following tasks:
- Provide support to participants - manage the specific event mailbox, answer and return calls, reply to participant emails and answer queries •
- Assist with the management of the registration platform
- Assist with the development of participant communication tools (participants guide/newsletters/social media)
- Attend promo tours and other runner events periodically
- Attend and organise training sessions for participants • Assist with the preparation of presentations, printing, and postage
- Work on and maintain all of the client information databases • Support the Customer Sales & Services team in the preparation of event materials
- Attend events and continue to be the point of contact for clients, welcoming clients and providing support about any questions they may have
- Support on-event logistics to ensure optimum client experience (info point, bib pickup, briefings, etc.)
- This list is not exhaustive, and you will be required to manage any reasonable tasks as and when required.
Note: This role requires travel to national and international events.
- Fluent in French and English preferred and ideally in German
- An interest in Outdoor Sports, especially running and triathlon
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong desire to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
- Flexible approach to problem-solving
- Ability to remain effective and calm while working under pressure
- A dedicated and enthusiastic approach
- Ability to work on-site at events during long hours
- Excellent database skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft programmes essential (familiarity with Mac beneficial)
- Driving Licence Mandatory
Terms for the role
- Applicants MUST have a University/School agreement such as internship convention‚ during the entire duration of the internship
- Monthly allowance: 800CHF (gross before any deductions are taken for state and federal taxes, insurance, etc.)
- Holidays: 10 working days for a 6-months internship.
- Benefits: OC Sport sponsors the full cost of a half card CFF card. The card entitles you to a 50% discount on all Swiss public transport (to qualify for a CFF card you must be living in Switzerland)
- Office hours are between 9.00am and 6.00pm. During busy periods you may be expected to work evenings and weekends.
- Travel, accommodation, and subsistence are covered for approved business travel, in line with current policies.
- Your application MUST be in English, include a CV/Resume Additionally, provide a small text where you:
- Give us an example of when you demonstrated excellent customer service •
- Give us an example of a situation/experience you did where you were very proud of yourself
- What sports do you enjoy and/or clubs are you involved in?
- Applicants without a School Agreement will not be considered.
Make sure you answer each of the questions shown above, either in writing or a video.
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports.