Spectator Services Executive
1 day left
- Full Time
We’re introducing an exciting role to support with the planning and delivery of the Spectator Services functional area, ensuring that the spectator is at the heart of every matchday experience.
WHO WE ARE
In 2019, England and Wales are set to host the ICC Cricket World Cup for the fifth time and you could be part of it. As the flagship event on the international cricket calendar, it will be the stage for the world’s best players for six weeks of enthralling cricket. You would become a member of a small but hardworking team that is striving for excellence in everything they do.
- Connect with the world – Engaging new and existing audiences to grow the fan base and inspire the next generation of fans and players, whilst supporting key partners to activate.
- Entertain the world – Creating an unrivalled and unique experience for the fans and players with cricket at its heart; the most engaging cricket event ever.
- Inspire the world – Using the power of the event, the game, it’s spirit and diversity to make a lasting difference for cricket.
- Excellence in our world – Every member of CWC19 strives for excellence in everything we do challenging ourselves and each other to think beyond traditional limits and boundaries.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You always put the spectator first and enjoy providing experiences that exceed expectations.
- You are passionate about influencing the enjoyment for spectators and ensuring your team deliver the same enthusiastic experience across their work.
- You are approachable with excellent people management skills and the ability to influence outcomes.
- You are dynamic, with great attention to detail and you relish the journey of planning through to event delivery.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Ensuring everything in the public view, i.e. Front of House, is running smoothly and efficiently and any spectator issues are dealt with in an appropriate and timely manner during the tournament.
- Supporting the delivery of the Spectator Services strategy through ensuring the appropriate equipment and facilities are provided for the spectators and that agreed service levels are met.
- Preparing dot plans for Spectator Services volunteers both along the last mile and within the venue.
- Working closely with the Sports Presentation Manager to ensure overarching themes are delivered along the last mile and in venue activations through the leadership of Spectator Services volunteers.
- Supporting the delivery of Spectator Services specific training to large groups of volunteers.
- Managing and providing support for Spectator Services volunteers leading up to and at tournament time.
- Providing clear, decisive and respected direction and leadership within your areas of responsibility.
- Proven experience of preparing, planning and delivering volunteer/Spectator Services programs in a similar sport related environment or at large scale events.
- The ability to lead a large team of both paid staff and volunteers.
- Confidence whilst working under pressure and managing several projects simultaneously.
- Strong administration skills and experience of delivering projects on time and to budget.
- Proven success at building excellent working relationships and engagement with other departments.
- Proven experience delivering training and event briefings to a large group of people
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday (Pro-Rata)
- Health Insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life Assurance
- Free on-site gym