Director, Sales Switzerland
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Strategy & Research, Planning & Strategy, Commercial Sales & Sponsorship|
Join a unique, international sales team created to answer the needs of brands investing in sport. A senior sales executive will be armed with properties, rights and assets to open doors to brands to deliver appropriate solutions. The Director will be charged with driving revenue through a sales "toolbox" consisting of four primary areas - attractive Global sponsorship rights, Infront owned sponsorship rights, digital solutions and virtual advertising packages.
This is a position for an executive who enjoys autonomy in delivering against targets, however commited to working within a small, closely connected international team with colleagues in the USA, , UK, Switzerland, China and additional future markets. The focus will be driving sales to Chinese companies investing worldwide, however international brand contacts and an understanding of global sports is expected. The sales team will be supported by creative, digital, and research/intelligence at Infront's HQ and subsidiary offices.
If looking for a new challenge by being integrated into a global team and you currently have direct access to top brand decision makers to introduce a new solutions approach, this opportunity will prove interesting and rewarding.
Job Requirements Job Description
- Utilise a diverse and interesting portfolio of rights and services to establish strong, long-term relationships and an understanding of brand needs within your home country (CH) and beyond
- Drive revenue for Infront through sales of core products/services
- Help Infront become the most respected and profitable sales agency in the world with respect to the sales of virtual advertisements in sport
- Establish an efficient go-to-market sales strategy via media buyers, broadcasters, betting companies and general brands
- Potential rights holder clients may include leagues, clubs, and competitions for football, tennis, basketball, hockey, badminton, handball, motor sports and other major sports/events
- Potential mandated partnerships/packages: FIFA, UEFA, IOC, F1, Formula E, ATP/WTA, NBA, NFL, NHL, Asian Games, AFC, CBA, Tour de France, Rugby World Cup
- With a mandate from the rights holder, the sales executive will be responsible for generated revenue through sponsorship sales of these rights
- Utilize Infront digital capabilities via Infront Digital Content, Omnigon, Copa90, and others to deliver brands with digital/social reach and engagement
- Sell/license a variety of Infront Digital product and campaign tools to brands
- Sell pre-defined Infront packages based upon global interest, market relevance, revenue up-side, TV reach, digital opportunities, and company importance
- Potential focus of rights sales: FIBA, BWF, Velon/Hammer Series, IIHF World Championships, FIS World Championships, EHF Champions League and European Championships, Chinese National Basketball team, Football clubs sponsorship and signage packages, Italian National Football Team
- Advanced education (preferable for a university degree in business administration, sports management and/or sales/marketing)
- At least 10 years of sales experience in an international environment (sports industry or entertainment business - agency, federation, club, media, etc.)
- In-depth relationships and direct access to decision-makers from Switzerland and global companies focusing on sponsorship
- Leadership of successful sponsorship sales projects (proven relationship builder, contract closer and revenue driver)
- Experience selling Digital Media sponsorship platforms
Skills and Competencies
- Understanding of brands' marketing mix, advertising and sponsorship investments, and decision making processes
- In-depth knowledge of the sports market and the industry
- Strong initiative to work independently
- Understanding of brands' digital objectives, investments and activations
- Ability to deliver and thrive across the entire sales process: prospecting, gate-keeper entry, research and objective identification, concept development and solution selling, presentation building, presenting, case building, negotiating, and execution
- Willing to travel with flexible work schedules and environment
- Ability to identify, negotiate and sell sports sponsorship solutions
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Capability to learn new products and solutions to sell to brands
- Team spirit
- Strong attitude towards high quality, excellence in delivery and ‘client-first’ thinking (external & internal)
- Positive attitude towards Infront’s company values
- Ability to evaluate situation quickly and take decisions
- Strong team orientation while ability to thrive in independent work
Are you ready to contribute to transforming and enhancing every aspect of the sports industry? Unite your passion for sports with a rewarding career by joining our ONE team of talented, highly-motivated and hard-working individuals. Please submit your online application now.
Infront Sports & Media
Infront Sports & Media is a leading international sports marketing company.