Major Events International Intern
Major Events International are looking for a talented graduate with an interest in the business of sport to join our team supporting the delivery and planning of our events and initiatives.
We are a membership body and business consultancy working with companies in the business of major sporting events such as the Olympics, World Cup and Commonwealth Games. We help them get better connected and better informed in this market.
We run 3 ‘summits’ a year including our Major Events Summit in June which is our annual flagship event where we bring all the key players in the market together to knowledge share and network.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment within a small core team and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of event planning and marketing.
The internship will be for 8 weeks based in our Central London office, with the potential to extend for the right candidate. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. There will also be continued opportunities throughout the year.
- Drafting communications for events
- Scanning, filing and organising documents and files
- Greeting guests and answering general inquiries
- Assisting with proposals
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
- Support with delegate recruitment for events
- Support Sales team record conversations & key information on CRM & spreadsheets
- Creation of draft content for social media and online publications
- Support with engagement with key stakeholders for trade missions or events
- Management of event admin and data
- Research tasks around the sector
- Proofreading email marketing, articles, reports & presentations
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Looking for a keen enthusiastic individual, you must be able to pick things up quickly with the ability to work independently
- Need good attention to detail
- Telephone skills with the ability to speak in a professional manner
- Organised and excellent communication skills
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint Presentation and Outlook
Our standard office hours are 9:30 – 17:30, with an hour for lunch. We are based in Bank, London, just moments from the tube station and close to overground stations Liverpool Street & Fenchurch Street. The opportunity is expenses paid including travel & food costs.
Perks of interning at this company:
Fun and exciting company with opportunities to grow within the company.
To apply please send through your CV. For any questions regarding the position, please call the office on +44 020 7709 2350