About the role
The Accounts Officer is responsible for the accounts payable and receivable functions of the LOC and is someone who will thrive in a high-paced and collaborative project-based environment. The role will ensure that transactions are processed accurately and paid on time and compliance with underlying internal control systems and processes.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of the Local Organising Committee who will be working together to deliver A Spectacular Celebration in 2020.
- You have had senior experience working in a fast-paced and diverse accounts function, with demonstrated ability to operate in an organisation that has rapid growth
- You have sound knowledge of accounts processing technical matters including GST and tax invoice requirements and an understanding of internal control requirements and best practice accounts processes
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to manage competing priorities
- You have meticulous attention to detail, exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have a customer focused, solutions-oriented approach to your work, and enjoy building relationships with key stakeholders
To be successful in this role, you must have a high level of initiative, be adaptable in your approach and enjoy working in a high energy, innovative and fast-paced setting with a proven ability to deliver on immovable deadlines under pressure ideally gained within the major events or sporting landscape.
The ICC World T20 (World T20) is cricket’s ultimate prize in the fastest growing and most accessible format of the game. T20 is the vehicle to attract new, more diverse and younger audiences to the game.
In 2020, Australia has a unique opportunity to host this major global event. The eyes of the world will be on Australia as the 10 best women’s teams and 16 best men’s teams, compete to be crowned world champions. This will be the first time that the World T20 has been held in Australia and follows the highly successful ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, staged across Australia and New Zealand, which delivered record-breaking attendances, visitation and global television audiences.
Keen to join our team?
To obtain a full position description, please visit www.icc-cricket.com/world-t20/jobs
Applications click 'Apply' below and include a cover letter outlining your interest and expectations by midnight Wednesday 24 October 2018.
The WT20 offer a competitive salary package, employee benefits, flexible working conditions and a fun working environment.
We embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We value diversity. We encourage all people to apply for this role.
Applicants must be able to obtain legal working rights in Australia.