Director of Strategy and Education (Maternity Cover)
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Board & Executive, Strategy & Research, CEO & Executive Levels|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
|Salary||circa £75,000 per annum plus benfits|
• To lead the overall co-ordination and quality of all aspects of UK Anti-Doping’s (UKAD) communication function including setting strategy, building capability and overseeing a range of operational activities including media relations, stakeholder management, website and electronic communications, publications, conferences and events, public affairs and internal communication.
• To develop and lead international relations activity to ensure UKAD is influencing anti-doping decisions, policy and practice on a global level.
• To lead the education function to ensure that publicly funded athletes are educated, sports are supported with appropriate education materials and that appropriate programmes and mechanisms are put in place to ensure education is delivered to key audiences.
• To develop and lead professional, high-performing teams within the Department to support the delivery of the organisational Strategic Plan and report to the Chief Executive on the associated key performance indicators.
• To ensure UKAD protects and enhances its reputation, through understanding and being understood by stakeholders and key audiences including the media, government, sports and international partners.
• As a senior manager the post holder will work with the Chief Executive and other Directors to shape the strategic direction of UKAD.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with a relevant professional qualification.
• An experienced professional with demonstrable experience working in a senior management role in communication or related field.
• Proven experience of risk and reputation communication management and working with the national media, both reactively and proactively.
• Experience of broad communication activities and functions, including e-communication, publications, branding and public affairs.
• The ability to communicate and work with a variety of different stakeholders.
• An understanding/appreciation of the sporting landscape, and how best to engage with athletes and the wider sports community.
• Applied understanding of management in communication, including managing staff, budgets and stakeholders.
• A clear appreciation of the environments within which this post will operate, specifically the cultural and political sensitivities.
• Demonstrable experience at Board/senior management level ideally within a governmental organisation.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, the media and other stakeholders.
• Able to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and accrue one days annual leave for every year of service, up to 30 days
• Two days paid Sports Leave and one day paid Volunteer Leave per annual leave year
• Christmas closure, between Christmas and New Year (not deducted from your holiday allowance)
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Interest free Season Ticket Loan
• Healthy Lifestyle Benefit
• Flexible Start and Finish times (start between 08:00 – 10:00 finish between 16:15 – 18:15)
• One working from home day per week after successful completion of probationary period
• Eye care Vouchers
• Government Pension Scheme (LPGS) with four per cent pension allowance on top of your basic salary
To apply please complete a UKAD Application Form, Criminal Conviction Declaration Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form outlining how you meet the person specification and submit to email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 26 October 2018.
Please note CVs/ and or cover letters will not be accepted.
UK Anti-Doping (UKAD)
UKAD is the national organisation dedicated to protecting a culture of clean sport.