Marketing Manager - Mens Teams and Wembley
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
Closing Date: 22nd October 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of Role:
To lead all Wembley marketing and England Men’s Senior match promotions.
The role will be responsible for all elements of Wembley Stadium marketing, with a particular focus on the stadium tours, supporting promotions of concerts and events (e.g. NFL, Anthony Joshua and major artists such as Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran) and website/ app improvements. Following the Three Lions’ success at the World Cup this summer, the role will also cover match promotions and future attendance strategy development for the Men’s Senior Team at Wembley.
Key marketing contact for Wembley Stadium marketing, with key responsibilities:
- Wembley Tours: hitting revenue targets, delivering creatives and supporting the delivery of the tours
- Wembley Stadium website and app: oversee any development and upgrades to ensure Wembley offers fans a world class digital experience
- Key contact for in-house marketing support for Wembley stadium events and concerts, helping promote and drive ticket sales
- All day-to-day management, including supporting stadium improvements, email marketing, social media graphics and being the brand guardian for Wembley Stadium
- Responsible for Wembley marketing budget, delivering strong ROI
Key marketing contact for England Men’s match promotions, with key responsibilities:
- Responsible for hitting budget requirements and attendances for up to four Men’s Senior matches annually. Work closely with other England marketing managers, who will also look after the match promo of the remaining England matches
- Develop match promo plans, incl. media planning, and responsible for relationship with match promo agencies, ensuring flawless execution and continuous testing new ideas and improving plans
- Key contact internally for matches, including weekly reporting on finances and attendance levels to senior management, running weekly ticketing meetings and working with events team on match day delivery plans
- Responsible for all match day stadium branding, including all printed branding and digital screen assets, in line with guidelines and to a high standard
- With time, this role will be expected to show thought leadership within match promotions, helping move the business away from match-by-match planning to longer-term strategic partnerships driving attendances on greater scale
- Responsible for individual match budgets
What we are looking for:
- Significant marketing experience
- Experience in project management and delivering multiple tasks to deadline
- Experience in managing internal or external agency teams (writing briefs, giving feedback etc.)
- Able to change and improve ways of working and existing processes
- Able to work on own initiative; accountable and reliable
- Confident communicator and able to speak up in meetings and lead larger groups
- Able to attend matches at weekends and in evenings
- Capable of handling a large workload
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office.
- Educated to degree level / equivalent qualification
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.