Senior Brand Manager - England Teams and Wembley
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
Closing Date: 23rd October 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
The England and Wembley Senior Brand Manager is responsible for building the brands across the England teams (Men’s, Women’s and Development teams) and Wembley, with ownership of the brand strategy, activation campaigns and match promotion.
- Lead the market launch of a new England Women’s campaign, ahead of the 2019 World Cup in France, and evolution post tournament
- Lead on the development and implementation of a new look and feel for the England Women’s campaign
- Continue to build the brand of the England Men’s senior team following the success of the 2018 World Cup in Russia, driving relevance and affinity with the target audience(s)
- Oversee match promotion for all Men’s Senior, Lionesses and U21 matches, from strategy setting, to delivery, including weekly internal updates for the business
- Responsible for all player photoshoots, including full squad shoot as part of Nike kit launch in 2018
- Brilliantly manage a range of agencies to get the best possible output across creative, PR and comms, digital and media
- To be a partner with Customer Insight on fan segmentation for each England team and establish robust tracking and analysis for all initiatives
- Lead internal cross-functional team for Men’s Senior team, helping ensure longer term objectives are met overall, fitting in line with the England marketing campaign
- Development and management of Wembley brand marketing to establish the stadium as the top venue in the UK for sport & entertainment
- Close working relationship with Club Wembley marketing team to ensure holistic and tiered positioning from top end hospitality through to GA
- Create an overarching set of brand guidelines for marketing campaigns, digital, social, PR etc. as well as stadium-based design, including Wembley Story-Telling (fan experience installations), GA concourse sales outlets (F&B, merchandise etc.), external stadium design
- Drive Wembley Tours marketing annual campaign to achieve visitor and revenue targets
- Partner with other senior members of the Marketing Team to ensure the optimum level of engagement to deliver high quality output across all of the internal and external channels in a coordinated and effective manner
- Manage and evolve key relationships with external stakeholders including commercial partners and broadcasters
- Manage six figure budgets to support delivery of KPIs
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for:
- Significant track record in all elements of consumer brand marketing, including communication campaigns (on & offline) & brand visual identity.
- Demonstrated competence in delivering brand strategic elements such as equity, brand guidelines & able to bring this to life for others.
- Proven track record of leading, managing and motivating a team & delivering high quality, results through others.
- Commercial aptitude & experienced in transactional based marketing campaigns that seek to drive revenue.
- Significant experience of working with external agencies & getting the best from them.
- Results driven and delivery focused.
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.