The ICC World T20 (World T20) is cricket’s ultimate prize in the fastest growing and most accessible format of the game. T20 is the vehicle to attract new, more diverse and younger audiences to the game.
In 2020, Australia has a unique opportunity to host this major global event. The eyes of the world will be on Australia as the 10 best women’s teams and 16 best men’s teams, compete to be crowned world champions. This will be the first time that the World T20 has been held in Australia and follows the highly successful ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, staged across Australia and New Zealand, which delivered record-breaking attendances, visitation and global television audiences.
About the role
The Accounts Specialist is responsible for the accounts payable and receivable functions of the LOC and is someone who will thrive in a high-paced and collaborative project-based environment. The role will ensure that transactions are processed accurately and paid on time and compliance with underlying internal control systems and processes.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of the Local Organising Committee who will be working together to deliver A Spectacular Celebration in 2020.
- You have had senior experience working in a fast-paced and diverse accounts function, with demonstrated ability to operate in an organisation that has rapid growth
- You have sound knowledge of accounts processing technical matters including GST and tax invoice requirements and an understanding of internal control requirements and best practice accounts processes
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to manage competing priorities
- You have meticulous attention to detail, exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have a customer focused, solutions-oriented approach to your work, and enjoy building relationships with key stakeholders
To be successful in this role, you must have a high level of initiative, be adaptable in your approach and enjoy working in a high energy, innovative and fast paced setting with a proven ability to deliver on immovable deadlines under pressure ideally gained within the major events or sporting landscape.
- Monitor purchase order (PO) compliance to ensure staff comply with the LOC’s purchase order process, Delegations of Authority and Procurement Policy. This includes ensuring accuracy of general ledger coding
- Ensure supplier invoices are processed accurately and paid on time
- Ensure supplier master file maintenance setup and changes are in accordance with internal control processes to ensure audit compliance
- Process payment runs as required, on a monthly basis as a minimum
- Ensure staff expense and credit card claims and acquittals are processed promptly and in line with WT20 policies
- Raise invoices for all funding due from third parties in accordance with contracts and other arrangements and ensure funds are received as due
System and internal control procedures
- Support the Financial Controller to ensure accounts payable and receivable policies, procedures and internal control systems are robust and comply with relevant accounting standards and statutory obligations
- Monitor systems and processing to ensure compliance by staff and report any non-compliance instances to the Financial Controller
- Provide education and training of all WT20 employees on accounts processes to ensure uptake of POs and compliance with processes
- Support the Financial Controller to ensure invoice processing efficiencies and provide accessible information and assistance across WT20 business
- Assist the Financial Controller with month-end procedures including reconciliations and reporting to ensure the accuracy of the general ledger and that reporting deadlines are met
- Ensure any WT20 charge cards are reconciled and accurately coded at least monthly
- Train WT20 staff on the use of WT20 accounts related software including Basware and Concur
- Maintain strong professional working relationships with both external and internal stakeholders including providing professional, reliable and accurate responses in a prompt and timely manner to requests
- Assist auditors by providing the required information in a timely manner
- Regular filing and maintaining finance archiving
- Assist the Financial Controller to prepare statutorily and taxation returns as required
- All other duties as directed by the Financial Controller
- Chief Executive Officer
- General Managers, all Departments
- Financial Controller
- Cricket Australia Accounts team
- WT20 Personnel
- Australian Cricket, comprising Cricket Australia, State & Territory Cricket Associations and W/BBL
- Venue and City accounts officers
It is your duty to comply with the WT20’s policies and procedures which set out governance standards and manage risks for our organisation. You are responsible for being aware of and complying with the policies and procedures.
Duties under Workplace Health and Safety Requirements
It’s your duty to comply with WT20’s policies and procedures which are designed to protect your health and safety at work. As part of this duty, you must comply with all reasonable instructions from managers or WHS representatives in relation to health and safety issues at work. This means participating in
workplace health and safety training and consultation, cooperating with WT20 procedures as required to ensure compliance with the law and reporting any incidents/near misses.
It is your duty to comply with Australian Cricket’s Looking After Our Kids for Australian Cricket Personnel and Australian Cricket’s Commitment Statement to Safeguarding Children and Young People, designed to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people involved in the sport of cricket. As part of your duty, you must recognise that children and young people require special care and attention in order to feel safe and you will be committed to protecting and prioritising the safety of children and young people involved in the World T20’s programs and services.
- Senior experience in a fast-paced and diverse accounts function
- Demonstrated ability to operate the accounts function for an organisation that has rapid growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to manage priorities
- Strong follow-through skills and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Sound knowledge of accounts processing technical matters including GST and tax invoice requirements
- Understanding of internal control requirements and best practice accounts processes
- Meticulous attention to detail, exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer focussed, solutions-oriented approach
- Experience operating the accounts function in a project-based organization
- Passion for major sporting events
The list of key responsibilities and key results areas herein are not intended to be all inclusive and may include additional responsibilities as required and assigned.
Keen to join our team?
Click 'Apply' below and send your CV, including a cover letter outlining your interest and expectations by midnight Wednesday 17 October 2018.
The WT20 offer a competitive salary package, employee benefits, flexible working conditions and a fun working environment.
We embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We value diversity. We encourage all people to apply for this role.
Applicants must be able to obtain legal working rights in Australia.