Transport & Logistics Executive- CWC19
We’re introducing this exciting role to assist on the Transport and Logistics operation of ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
WHO WE ARE
In 2019, England and Wales are set to host the ICC Cricket World Cup for the fifth time and you could be part of it. As the flagship event on the international cricket calendar, it will be the stage for the world’s best players for six weeks of enthralling cricket. You would become a member of a small but hardworking team that is striving for excellence in everything they do.
- Connect with the world – Engaging new and existing audiences to grow the fan base and inspire the next generation of fans and players, whilst supporting key partners to activate.
- Entertain the world – Creating an unrivalled and unique experience for the fans and players with cricket at its heart; the most engaging cricket event ever.
- Inspire the world – Using the power of the event, the game, it’s spirit and diversity to make a lasting difference for cricket.
- Excellence in our world – Every member of CWC19 strives for excellence in everything we do challenging ourselves and each other to think beyond traditional limits and boundaries.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You have a passion for delivering the best, whilst establishing new benchmarks and standards.
- You are detail and outcome focussed with an eye to innovation and seeking efficient ways to deliver.
- You are a clear communicator that establishes strong professional relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external and seeks to resolve arising issues in line with wider objectives.
- You thrive under busy, variable and exciting environments where no two days are alike. You have an unshakeable can-do attitude.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working with the Transport and Logistics Manager to implement and deliver the Transport and Logistics Strategy for Teams, Match Officials and key Tournament stakeholders.
- Contribute to the identified logistics and transport planning process to ensure consistent, seamless integration and delivery of Tournament Services elements for key stakeholders in the lead-up to and during Tournament time.
- Work with and support all Tournament Services functions as required including Team Transport, Logistics, Fleet Operations and Accommodation.
- Action and implement any changes to Tournament transport and logistics requirements and ensure they are administered in an effective and timely manner.
- Support other internal Functional Areas to deliver a transport and logistics operations plan including the coordination and distribution of any sponsor product and Tournament clothing.
- Communicate relevant logistics and transport plans with (internal and external) individual stakeholders.
- Assist with maintaining detailed records for vehicles, drivers, warehousing, parking, fuel cards, tolls and other identified requirements for all transport and logistics movements throughout the Tournament.
- Working within the agreed business planning framework, using the CWC19 programme management methodologies, documentation and reporting tools.
- Hands-on operational experience in an event environment; with experience in one or more of team services, team travel and / or logistics an advantage.
- A strong attention to detail in the preparation of documents and reports; advanced Microsoft Office and Excel are a necessity.
- Experience of working within a high-pressure environment, often dealing with and responding to demanding clients or stakeholders, which may include high profile guests/teams.
- Clear and effective decision-making skills, developing practical solutions within a budget conscious environment.
- A team player approach, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Resourceful and possess the ability to demonstrate initiative; still seeking advice or support when required.
- A proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour.
- Valid, clean UK driving licence and be comfortable driving manual and automatic vehicles.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday (Pro-Rata)
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life assurance
- Free on-site gym
- Subsidised on-site canteen