Spectator Transport Executive
WHY THIS ROLE?
We’re introducing this exciting role to support the successful planning and delivery of spectator transport operations for the Cricket World Cup 2019. The purpose of the role is to support the Transport Manager with a selection of venues and ultimately oversee the tournament time operations for those venues. Spectator transport is recognised as being a crucial element of the overall spectator experience.
WHO WE ARE
In 2019, England and Wales are set to host the ICC Cricket World Cup for the fifth time and you could be part of it. As the flagship event on the international cricket calendar, it will be the stage for the world’s best players for six weeks of enthralling cricket. You would become a member of a small but hardworking team that is striving for excellence in everything they do.
- Connect with the world – Engaging new and existing audiences to grow the fan base and inspire the next generation of fans and players, whilst supporting key partners to activate.
- Entertain the world – Creating an unrivalled and unique experience for the fans and players with cricket at its heart; the most engaging cricket event ever.
- Inspire the world – Using the power of the event, the game, it’s spirit and diversity to make a lasting difference for cricket.
- Excellence in our world – Every member of CWC 19 strives for excellence in everything we do challenging ourselves and each other to think beyond traditional limits and boundaries.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- The smooth operation of spectator transportation at world-leading events is your passion.
- You are a people-person and enjoying developing relationships across numerous stakeholders.
- You thrive managing multiple projects at once and relish the opportunity to influence positive change.
YOU'LL BE DOING
- Contributing to the design of the Spectator Transport Operations Plan for several venues and successfully delivering the operation at tournament time.
- Continuing to develop relationships with all venue and transport stakeholders so that the best outcomes can be achieved.
- Working closely with the venues, cities, and other functional areas to help deliver a spectator transport operation that is integrated into all tournament plans.
- Representing Spectator Transport at City Steering Groups and Transport Working Groups with multiple stakeholders from the city, tournament and transport service providers.
- Overseeing contractors and operators at tournament time to help deliver the spectator transport experience expected of a world-class event.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop strong relationships and influence outcomes across internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience in planning and delivering major event transport operations with a clear understanding the workings of a sport event organising committee.
- Experience of working with local and regional authorities and transport providers.
- Project management skills with the ability to oversee multiple projects and prioritise for excellence.
- Effective decision-making skills, developing practical solutions within a budget conscious environment.
- A proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour within a small team.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days’ holiday per year.
- Private medical insurance.
- Non-contributory 8% pension.
- Life assurance.
- Free on-site gym.
- Subsidised on-site canteen.