EURO 2020 Technical Event Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations, Strategy & Research, Planning & Strategy|
Division / Unit: Operations / Venue Operations
Contract type: Fixed Term
Start date: 01.11.2018
End date: 15.08.2020
In 2020, the UEFA EURO will celebrate its 60th anniversary. To celebrate this milestone, the tournament will be played out in 12 different European cities - bringing the EURO closer to the fans and celebrating the best of European football and culture. To make this all possible, we need fantastic, dedicated people in all sectors.
The Technical Event Manager for UEFA EURO 2020 is a member of the technical services and overlay team. Based on creative concepts and designs provided by UEFA hospitality production (HPRO), the Technical Event Manager develops technical concepts, plans and implements event technology, such as light, sound and video, including the power supply for all hospitality areas at the 12 UEFA EURO 2020 stadiums throughout Europe. This incumbent acts as an internal service provider for UEFA hospitality production (HPRO).
During the planning phase, the position will be based in Nyon, Switzerland.
For EURO 2020 itself, the Technical Event Manager might (tbc) be based at Wembley Stadium in London.
- Assessing stadium infrastructure, such as power and supply points (incl. kitchens), available AV/lighting system (including any technical facilities, e.g. dimming, colour changes, etc.) hanging loads (ceiling), fixing points (for cables, lighting, other equipment), weight load restrictions (floor);
- Compiling a catalogue of requirements for any HPRO related areas (including kitchens) so that stadiums can provide relevant information (e.g. ceiling heights, power points, etc.);
-Planning technical equipment for inside and - if relevant - outside HPRO areas, including sound, light, video, truss structures;
-Sourcing suppliers (based on detailed HPRO and creative agency concept for implementation);
-Procuring equipment and services based on the implementation concept;
-Compiling and distributing an implementation handbook (e.g. dos and don'ts for level of finishing, guidelines for cabling, etc.);
-Handling pre-event handover on-site and monitoring during the event.
- Conducting a detailed survey of each stadium and evaluating existing infrastructure;
- Leading the technical part of the concept with detailed knowledge about event technology, an understanding of design needs and the experience to turn creative concepts into technical requirements;
- Developing a concept for light, sound and video installations for the hospitality areas in collaboration with the UEFA hospitality team and its creative agency;
- In collaboration with the catering company, overseeing the compilation of a power supply requirements catalogue for each venue that needs to be either adapted to take account of the existing stadium power connections or updated;
- Evaluating the event technology and power supply providers in a tender process and planning the implementation in detail;
- Planning technical installations to meet the high 'look and feel' quality standards of the event.
- Overseeing and preparing the production with the suppliers by creating maps, devising set-up and dismantling plans, and handling changes at each venue;
- Briefing, leading and overseeing the venue team and developing installation guidelines and operational plans;
- Giving guidance to venue technical services managers whenever required.
- more than 7 years / experience working in event production
- from 4 to 6 years / experience as a technical planner for corporate events
- from 1 to 3 years / experience with technical aspects of creative concepts for corporate/hospitality events
- English / Proficient
- CAD (AutoCad) / Advanced
- MS Excel / Advanced
- MS PowerPoint / Advanced
- MS Project / Basic
- MS Word / Advanced
- Project Management / Advanced
- Extensive knowledge of the technical event production industry, including a network of contacts
-Willingness to live in Nyon then move to a UEFA EURO 2020 host city
The Union of European Football Associations is the administrative body for association football in Europe.