Football Venue Manager
The position will contribute to the coordination, development and communication of event planning within Host Country Venue and / or Stadium Management.
The Key Responsibilities of the role are:
Support the FWC Venue Readiness Manager and the Venue Operations Manager in all pre-tournament and tournament period operations planning of the competition and non - competition venues.
Contribute to the reporting on progress of operational planning and readiness and liaison with the other Host Country project owners for assuring operational planning incorporates the needs and requirements of the program.
Support the Venue and / or Stadium Operations Management with the relevant budgets & staffing plans.
Contribute to the stadiums design reviews and assure that FIFA and operational requirements are met.
Assure that risks associated with operations & readiness are properly identified, evaluated, reported and that appropriate mitigations are developed and implemented.
Establish a project management framework so that all critical projects related to competition and non - competition venues follow a formal and structured cycle ensuring a consistent approach across operations.
Coordinate and contribute to the management of meetings for planning and readiness activities
Develop cooperative and positive relationships with a wide range of internal stakeholders and external agencies to ensure a high standard is delivered.
- Support the central management and delivery of test and readiness events.
Qualifications, Experience and skills
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Sport Management or relevant discipline from an accredited institution.
- 10 - 15 years of experience in operational planning international sport events.
- In depth knowledge of venue operations and stadium management for global football events.
- Experience in working closely with international football authorities.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in co-operation with other stakeholders in a dispersed multi disciplined environment.
- Capacity to work under pressure, pro-active and multitasking.
- Cultural sensitivity and experience in multicultural settings required.