IPC President Executive Assistant (f/m/x)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement, HR|
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Paralympic Games and the Paralympic Winter Games and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sports opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic aspiration and values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC President Executive Assistant (f/m/x) in a multi-cultural, international team at the IPC headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The IPC President Executive Assistant is a key support role in the Executive Office of the International Paralympic Committee (IPC). The role will be responsible to the IPC President to complete daily supportive and administrative tasks and to maintain positive external relationships. Given the travel schedule and the general time difference between the President’s home base (Brazil) and Bonn, flexibility regarding time is required.
The key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Manage the schedule and agenda of the IPC President in close coordination with relevant IPC teams, manage and maintain the daily diary
Tasks and responsibilities (continued)
- Execute and prepare travel management of the IPC President, co-ordinate travel requirements with relevant IPC teams and complete travel expenses
- Co-ordinate the IPC President’s schedule during major events
- Prepare and coordinate meetings, including agenda, presentation, communication, logistics and gifts
- Maintain the President’s CRM database
- Manage and process all (e-mail) communication and correspondence, presentations, proposals, reports and additional documentation as directed by the President
- Act as the main contact to address any individual Governing Board (GB) members questions and ensure on-going briefing and information
- Develop the IPC GB meeting agendas in close co-operation with the IPC Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and ensure and monitor the compilation of the IPC Governing Board meeting documents
- Support the preparation of General Assemblies and produce minutes during the sessions
- Communicate and follow-up on action items
- Produce minutes of all IPC Governing Board meetings
- Additional administration where required
- You must be a highly passionate individual who is inspired by the Paralympic Movement and who can fit into and complement an extremely busy and fast paced environment.
- Furthermore, you should meet these requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant disciplines or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement effective administrative processes
- Technical skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and software associated with information/database management
- Demonstrated ability to be creative in presentation style and in in updating and maintaining systematic records to improve organisational efficiencies
- Demonstrated ability to work productively individually and as part of a team
- A high level of oral and written communication in English (knowledge of other languages is a plus), public relation, interpersonal skills
- General interest in international sport and the Paralympic Movement
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and multitask in a busy environment
- Attention to detail and work accurately, independently, resourcefully and adaptable
- Be willing to travel internationally to major events, if required, and to work flexibly
Do you want to apply?
- If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, please click 'Apply' below and send your CV and cover letter in English as pdf-file
- Please state your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro).
- We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply; we support the relocation process and will provide transitional accessible accommodation.
- If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website under www.paralympic.org.
- We are looking forward to your application!
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
As one of the largest sports organisations in the world, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the international umbrella organisation of sport for athletes with an impairment.