Senior Administration and Finance Manager
Badminton Asia, the governing body of the sport of badminton in Asia under the flagship of the Badminton World Federation (BWF) is seeking to employ a Senior Administration & Finance Manager to join its head office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Hours of Work
Full-time position equivalent to 45 hours per week.
Flexibility in working hours is required to accommodate travel, weekends and evening work.
Location and Travel
The role is based at the Badminton Asia head office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It may require some international travel.
This newly created position is primarily to develop, coordinate and manage Badminton Asia’s day-to-day operations and also to ensure proper governance, especially in finance. The effectiveness and efficiency of the office shall be the primary concern.
- To oversee and implement the policies and decisions for all matters relating administration and finance within Badminton Asia.
- To monitor all matters relating to administration and finance, and at the same time, to ensure that the office is adhering to all administrative and financial procedures.
- To provide recommendations on how to enhance financial management and administrative functions within Badminton Asia.
- To support the development of policies and procedures that support good governance (accountability, transparency and control), related to administration and finance.
- Oversee preparation of reports, minutes and manage the general circulation to the Executive Committee and Member Associations.
- To liaise and communicate with the BWF and National Badminton Associations in Asia on matters relating to governance, finance and administration.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of activities, programmes and daily functions of the Administrative and Finance Department.
- Degree in Accounting, and/or Financial Management
- Experience of budgeting, account management and financial reporting
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and SQL
- Experience of managing and developing staff
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work to specific deadlines
- Experience of developing and implementing procedures to enhance administrative function within an organisation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
To be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
The successful candidate will have to relocate to Kuala Lumpur and should have the necessary permissions to work in Malaysia.
Interested applicants are invited to click 'Apply' and send a written application addressing the key criteria above and a detailed CV.
All applications must reach by Friday 2nd November 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The selected candidate is expected to start 1st January 2019.