Ambassador Programme Senior Specialist
We are looking for an Ambassador Programme Senior Specialist to join the communications team.
The job holder is responsible for delivery of the Ambassadors programme, including all budget and resource management. The job holder leads a centralised function that strategically identifies, acquires, and mobilises Ambassadors, plans, coordinates and delivers activations and rights, measures, monitors and reports Ambassador performance against programme objectives and KPIs.
The job holder reports into the Stakeholder Relations Manager and works closely with the Communications Planning & Strategy team. The job holder is required to work cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Ambassadors support wider communication objectives in key target markets.
- Ambassador Acquisition
- Client Relationship Management
Qualifications, experience and skills
Education and certifications
- Degree qualification in related area (sports marketing preferred).
- Internationally recognised related project management qualification (e.g. PMP, Prince II or equivalent).
Experience and skills
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience on a broad range of Brand Ambassador projects/programmes (sports management related experience preferred).
- Minimum cumulative experience of 5 years in project management and brand ambassador activation.
- Deep knowledge of Brand Ambassador programme implementation.
- Excellent working knowledge of project management practices, methodologies and techniques.
- High level of commercial awareness of the Qatar environment, and global influencer market.
- Experience of developing and implementing programme policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyse, assess and profile Ambassadors against key metrics.
- Developed computer skills in MS Office including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and MS Project.
- Experience in contract development, negotiation and procurement.
- Well-developed analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and experience of dealing with ambassadors.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate junior staff members.
- Experience of managing a team as well as staff development and mentoring.
- Experience interfacing at various levels and reporting to senior management.
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN DOHA, QATAR