Film Production Manager
We are looking for a Film Production Manager to join the Marketing & Communications Department.
The job holder is responsible for managing and driving all film and photography activities in accordance with the organisation and Marketing & Communications Business Plan.
- Lead the film production unit by providing strategic and creative direction, in alignment with the department’s overarching communications goals and Marketing & Communications Strategy.
- Manage all film production and photography requirements, including but not limited to corporate, CGI, creative/campaign and documentary films and corporate, creative/campaign and documentary photography projects.
- Manage all film and photography activities for all internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify and plan film production and photography opportunities.
- Build and maintain relations with key external stakeholders.
- Lead, manage and coordinate the briefing process for all film production.
- Work directly with internal stakeholders from other Departments to advise and deliver on their film requirements.
- Lead in the creation of engaging, inspiring and informative film and photography projects.
- Contribute to and support with editing, producing, directing, filming and photographing, as required.
- Manage the workload of the film production team, including assigning, supervising and reviewing projects.
- Line manage the film production team, including setting objectives, managing performance and training and career development.
- Project manage all film production and photography activities, prioritising projects, identifying deadlines and ensuring that all films are delivered on time and to the highest quality possible.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor directly related or relevant to the job.
Qualifications, experience and skills
Education and certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Film or Photography Studies or related discipline, Business Administration, Media, Public Relations, Mass Communications or relevant discipline
- Master’s degree in Fine Arts, Marketing, Business Administration, Media or equivalent is an advantage
Experience and skills
- Minimum 12+ years of experience in film production, preferably in sports or entertainment or a related field
- Expert knowledge of all relevant film software (Adobe Premier, DaVinci Resolve, Adobe After Effects). Knowledge of Avid and/or Final Cut Pro is welcome
- Knowledge and/or willingness to learn multiple camera systems, including Arri, Amira, Ursa, Canon and Red
- Expert knowledge of relevant photography software (Photoshop, etc)
- Knowledge and willingness to learn new software, as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and creativity
- High attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through
- Flexibility and a related ability to work autonomously
- A team player willing to work on tight timelines and pitch in when needed
- A positive attitude, patience and persistence, especially when dealing with various internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of Arabic and other languages is an advantage
This position is based in Doha, Qatar.