Senior Events Manager
Virgn Racing Formula E Team is one of the most successful teams in the FIA Formula E Championship. Backed by the Virgin group, and now, by majority team owner, Envision Group, one of the world’s leading smart energy management & renewables companies, the team leads the way in Formula E, on and off the track.
As the world's first global electric vehicle racing championship, FIA Formula E is a truly ground-breaking endeavour. Not only does it push the boundaries of automotive technology, in ways that are directly relevant to the man on the street, but it engages fans in ways never before seen at the top levels of world sport, through music, social media and gaming.
It has now entered its next phase, characterized by increasing automotive manufacturer and sponsor involvement, a rise in overall professionalism, and an exciting new technological era as represented in a vastly improved ‘Generation 2’ car that the teams will race for the first time in Season 5, commencing in December 2018.
The team is seeking an experienced and passionate individual to lead its Event Management division. He/she will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and shall be responsible for handling the team’s events programme and activities, on and off the track, on race weekends and in between.
At races, the duties will include management of the Team’s and Partners’ race hospitality activities, execution of the Team’s parallel off-track activities, such as thought-leadership summits, executive dinners and lifestyle related events.
Away from race weekends, the duties involve a lot of preparation for the above, planning 6 – 9 months out, and utilization of such assets as the Team’s Silverstone technical base to fulfil team owner and partner objectives.
This role requires a lot of attention to detail, excellent creativity and a willingness to be part of a young, vibrant organisation with a clear message and a busy calendar.
Skills required include:
- Previous experience managing high profile live events in a fast-paced environment, within a global sporting series an advantage
- High level of creativity and strategic thought based around fulfilling team owner and partner hospitality and events related objectives
- A focus on driving B2B opportunities for team owner and partners through the events programme
- Highly skilled across marketing disciplines
- Acute understanding and appreciation of premium, high-end approach to hospitality & experience delivery
- Positive, enthusiastic, proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude towards delivering value to team owner and partners
- Business ROI focused mindset to generating excellent value for investment
- A warm, engaging personality and customer-focused approach
- Willingness to travel
- Languages a benefit
- Motorsport experience preferable but not essential
Dependent on experience / Competitive
If you are interested in this role please click 'Apply' below and send your CV