Operations and Stadium Programme Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations|
Operations and Stadium Programme Manager
Closing Date: Wednesday 26th September 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grassroots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the role:
The role of the Operations Business and Programme Manager is to provide structure, efficiency and integration within the Operations Department and to assist in the delivery of key departmental strategic projects. Working closely with both the Operations Director and the Head of Operations – Strategic Programmes, the role will encompass the following key elements:
- Act as focal point for all Central planning requirements (finance, business planning & reporting, procurement, budgeting etc.) working closely with the Business Management function.
- Operations programme management – development and management of departmental program plan, risks and issues, KPI’s, reporting,
- Programme management of key strategic/cross-functional projects. Assist the Departments’ Senior Management team to plan, drive and deliver projects on time, in budget and in line with strategic priorities.
- Identification and improvement of BAU activities within the department as directed by Head of Operations & Operations Director. Focus on operational planning, event management and financial spend.
- Providing ad hoc project delivery support across all Operational functional areas.
Key responsibilities include:
Focal point for all Central planning requests:
- Working with Commercial Finance on budgets; quarterly updates etc.
- Working with HR on workforce planning etc
- Working with Procurement with pipeline, kick-offs etc
- Working with IT on licenses, requests for tech updates & innovations
- Working with Business Management with business planning, reporting, board updates etc
Operations Programme Management:
- Implement bi-weekly reporting process within Operations
- Track risks, issues and KPIs
- Identify and track project dependencies between OPS functions (inc Property)
Governance and Communications:
- Assess and implement good governance structures within the operations dept.
- Ensure the good work of the Division is being recognized internally.
- Communicate key messages to the organization
- Act as Project manager for strategic/cross-functional projects
- Identify key stakeholders internally and externally to kick off projects
- Conduct feasibility studies and cost-benefit analysis for new projects
- Produce executive summaries, board reports and presentations
- Identification of BAU improvement opportunities
- Assisting team to drive efficiencies and improvement in BAU activity
- Project manage and lead improvement opportunities
What we are looking for:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Formal qualification in project management such as Prince II or similar (is an advantage but not a necessity)
- Attention to detail and pride in the presentation of outputs
- Ability to write concise presentations and reports
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven skill in stakeholder management – both internal and external
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility where required
- Capable communicator with experience of dealing with sensitive and complex matters
- Previous project & programme management experience is essential
- Experience of managing large/complex projects
- Experience in a management consulting environment beneficial but not essential
- First-hand operational delivery experience beneficial but not essential e.g. event management, stadiums
- Experience working in sport, music, major events beneficial but not essential
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel is a requirement
- Experience in using Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio is an advantage but not a necessity
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.