Digital Content Manager - Youth Participation
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Strategy & Research, Marketing & Communications|
Digital Content Manager - Youth Participation
Closing Date: Midnight 21st September 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the role:
- To lead the content engagement strategy for the Youth Reward & Recognition (YR&R) Programme to ensure participation outcomes are delivered.
- Responsible for managing touchpoints from the YR&R Programme to all related areas of The FA.
- Responsible for the wider development of content, resources, marketing campaigns and digital projects for youth football participation.
Key responsibilities include:
- To work with multiple stakeholders from across The FA and externally to build, test and deliver a reward and recognition scheme for youth football.
- Manage the content project group for YR&R and link to multiple work streams across the wider project, including the reward & recognition scheme and digital product.
- Work with Technical directorate to reflect the England DNA and 4 corner model of holistic player development approach into the products, content, visual identify and marketing campaigns.
- Drive the wider benefits of YR&R within The FA, to stakeholders and to the target audience at large.
- Create, edit and manage engaging and relevant content for YR&R through all online and offline touchpoints, with the support of external agencies
- Lead the content management process from agency management, content planning, production and editing, to approval, and digital publishing.
- Encourage and pioneer forward-thinking and innovative ideas to engage with the target audience in order to achieve the programme’s objectives.
- Interconnect the programme with other existing programmes already running at The FA (including Matchday and the England Supporters Club) and within football, at both sporting (participation), data and technology levels. Ensure clear alignment to strategic priorities, including girls football.
- Ensure the opportunities that YR&R brings are fully understood embedded across key areas of The FA, including integration with coach education, technology and all related participation programmes.
- Work with commercial, marketing, digital and research colleagues and partners to drive shared benefits.
- Develop a plan for the ongoing content development, design production and presentation.
- Scope out the future content plan for future phases of the programme age 9-11yrs and 12yrs plus, as well as new content for 5-8 yrs
- Oversee the development of digital and physical products that will inspire new and existing audiences to play and engage with football online and offline, including agency management.
- Measurement and impact evaluation of YR&R programme on National Game Strategy participation targets, with the support of research
- Provide digital expertise and support across the Participation team in order to encourage the growth of participation in youth football.
What we are looking for
- Someone educated to a degree level or equivalent
- An understanding of grassroots sport
- Understand the changing sporting landscape and needs of sport participation and their behaviours
- Experience of leading and managing complex projects/programmes
- Experience of managing cross-departmental teams, building relationships across large organisations
- Experience of leading marketing/digital projects
- Experience CRM and use of various technology systems
- Experience of delivering digital projects that deliver high quality user experience and engagement
- Understanding and awareness of commercial partnerships and marketing
- Experience of Agency management and/or film production
- Technical understanding of building digital products
- Effective management and communication with external stakeholders
- High attention to detail
- A coaching understanding to at least FA Level 1 standard
- Previous involvement of grassroots sport, ideally football
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.