PR & Comms Account Director - PJR
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world’s leading entertainment and sports agency, with 22 global offices, including Los Angeles, New York, London, Munich and Beijing. Founded in 1975, CAA represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sport, and digital content, and provides a range of wide strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients. We are uniquely positioned to help brands across all aspects of what we call ‘pop culture’.
Within CAA Sports Consulting we have 200+ specialists working with over 35 leading brands. In London our clients include Allianz, Betfair, Bose, Jaguar, Land Rover and Prudential. Our service offering spans across strategy, activation, comms, digital, event & hospitality.
There is also a unique culture within CAA – for a global agency it has a ‘small agency feel’, with a great sense of teamwork, ambition, empowerment, energy, entrepreneurialism and fun.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented PR Account Director to join our award-winning Brand Consulting team to take a senior role on one of the agency’s flagship accounts, Panasonic Jaguar Racing (PJR).
After a successful second season, Panasonic Jaguar Racing will continue its ‘Race to Innovate’ mission in Season 5 of the ABB FIA Formula E Championship. With more manufacturers joining and the introduction of the new Gen2 car, next season will be more competitive than ever, both on and off the track.
Additionally, S5 will see the introduction of the inaugural Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY Championship – the official support series to Formula E – to further establish its position as a leader in premium battery electric vehicle technology.
Jaguar’s ambition is to become the number one team in Formula E. Our approach is to focus on the team’s innovative traits to spearhead a bold, newsworthy and creative PR & Communications programme that shares the visions and aspirations of the brand & team.
This is a senior role within the Client Servicing team leading the day-to-day operations on a global PR account working with a premium brand in one of the fastest growing, most innovative and sustainable sports in the world.
We are seeking a capable and confident operator with exceptional leadership qualities and a proven track record at an agency developing and implementing integrated communications campaigns for brands, rights holders or governing bodies.
The role requires someone with a passion for motorsport, who lives and breathes racing and loves to keep up to speed on the latest trends and technological innovations. A strong communicator, highly organised, motivated, with a natural ability to multi task and perform under pressure during a busy season including races, testing, driver appearances and automotive events.
- Strategic planning, implementation and campaign management.
- Lead the development and delivery of a creative long-term PR and social plan that exceeds client expectations and objectives.
- Manage and oversee the output of a team of three ensuring the very highest standard of work and client servicing.
- Proactive idea generation, continuously thinking of new ways to land coverage and drive engagement.
- Provide the strategic council and recommendations required to senior clients and stakeholders.
- Responsible for implementing robust measurement and evaluation processes, liaising with JLR’s suppliers to ensure accurate and timely reports for clients.
- Efficient day-to-day account management including budgeting, reporting and administration.
- Attend industry events, network and support the agency’s drive for new business.
- Solid agency experience in a senior PR & Communications role.
- Knowledge of motorsport and/or automotive industry and events.
- Best in class client servicing, account handling and project management.
- Proficient developing and implementing PR, social media and content strategies.
- Creatively minded with a passion for ideas and innovative thinking.
- Strong organisation and leadership skills with a proven track record managing a team.
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior clients and stakeholders.
- Experience working with global brands and delivering in-market activations.
- Advanced copy-writing, news writing and editing skills with excellent attention to detail.