|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
Closing Date: Tuesday 25th September
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the Role:
Following the Three Lions’ success at the World Cup this summer, we are looking for a marketing manager who can help shape the future attendance strategy for the team at Wembley and on the road.
Next summer is also the Women’s World Cup, and this role will be responsible for the campaign rollout for the Lionesses, helping grow the women’s game in England.
We are looking for a highly capable marketing manager, a confident self-starter, who can see campaigns through from initiation to delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
- Key marketing contact for England Men’s match promotions,
- Hitting budget requirements and attendances for up to four Men’s Senior matches annually (1-2 OTR and 1-2 at Wembley).
- Develop match promo plans, incl. media planning, and responsible for relationship with match promo agencies, ensuring flawless execution and continuous testing new ideas and improving plans.
- Consider longer term plans, initiatives and partnerships over short term wins.
- Key contact internally for matches, including weekly reporting on finances and attendance levels to senior management, running weekly ticketing meetings and working with events team on match day delivery plans
- All match day stadium branding, including all printed branding and digital screen assets, in line with guidelines and to high standard
- Agreeing and setting attendance and revenue targets for 2019/20 season and beyond
- Day-to-day support for Men’s senior longer term marketing planning and delivery
- Responsible for individual match budgets
- Key marketing contact for England Women’s marketing
- Production of brand guidelines and roll-out of assets across all environments (e.g. stadium, website, supporters club, social media)
- Lionesses match promotion: support in venue decision, asset development, match promotion, planning and managing relationships with match promotion agencies
- Responsible for accurate budgeting and delivering strong ROI
What we are looking for:
- Someone with significant marketing experience
- Strong marketing training, with an ability to turn strategy into action and lead 360 marketing campaigns
- Experience in project management and delivering multiple tasks to deadline
- Experience in managing internal or external agency teams (writing briefs, giving feedback etc.)
- Able to change and improve ways of working and existing processes
- Able to work on own initiative; accountable and reliable
- Confident communicator and able to speak up in meetings and lead larger groups
- Able to attend matches at weekends and in evenings
- Capable of handling a large workload
- An interest in football and knowledge of both men’s and women’s football
- Experience with developing promotional plans for major events
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.