1 day left
- Full Time
About the role
The Legal Counsel is a proven legal practitioner who will thrive in a high paced and collaborative environment and is passionate about providing legal advice and hands on practical support services in a project-based environment.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of the Local Organising Committee who will be working together to deliver A Spectacular Celebration in 2020.
- You are a registered legal practitioner who has 6-8 years in a law firm or in-house
- You are an analytical thinker with meticulous attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- You have strong relationship building skills, and a willingness to be hands-on and partner with internal stakeholders
- You are able to provide sound and practical advice on routine to large-scale complex matters
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You demonstrate strong initiative and ability to manage priorities in a timely manner
- Experience supporting and implementing procurement processes
To be successful in this role, you must be proactive in providing accurate advice to ensure that the LOC is meeting its legal requirements. You will act as a true business partner to senior management and understand the balance of meeting both legal and commercial outcomes. You must be adaptable in your approach and enjoy working in a high energy, innovative and fast-paced setting with a proven ability to deliver on immovable deadlines under pressure ideally gained within the major events or sporting landscape.
The ICC World T20 (World T20) is cricket’s ultimate prize in the fastest growing and most accessible format of the game. T20 is the vehicle to attract new, more diverse and younger audiences to the game.
In 2020, Australia has a unique opportunity to host this major global event. The eyes of the world will be on Australia as the 10 best women’s teams and 16 best men’s teams, compete to be crowned world champions. This will be the first time that the World T20 has been held in Australia and follows the highly successful ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, staged across Australia and New Zealand, which delivered record-breaking attendances, visitation and global television audiences.
Keen to join our team?
The WT20 offer a competitive salary package, employee benefits, flexible working conditions and a fun working environment.
We embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We value diversity. We encourage all people to apply for this role.
Applicants must be able to obtain legal working rights in Australia