Head of Veterans
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Business Development & Sales|
The ITTF wishes to retain the selected person, on a non-exclusive basis, to act as an independent consultant to provide to the ITTF the services described below.
The position will be preferably based in the ITTF Asia-Pacific offices in Singapore but other flexible arrangements will be considered. Applicants should be willing to work as required rather than regular office hours, due to the nature of the work required for the job.
The Head of Veterans will report to the ITTF Competitions Director.
The Head of Veterans will be paid remuneration, based on skillset, experience, and place of residency.
The Consultant undertakes to respect all fiscal and social legislation, particularly those in force in his/her country of residence. In particular, the ITTF will not pay any social charges, as the Consultant is acting in an independent capacity.
The Head of Veterans position is offered initially for one year, with an evaluation period of three months.
The ITTF Head of Veterans will be ultimately responsible to establish the structure of the ITTF Veterans events, manage the inclusion of Veterans events into the ITTF Competitions and overall to assist professionalise ITTF events, supporting the ITTF’s goal of becoming a top Olympic sport.
- Manage the establishment and development of Veteran events and coordinate the general operations of all events, by working towards achieving the following objectives:
- Develop a clear structure for the ITTF Veterans Events, with a primary focus on the World Veterans Championships and Veterans World Tour.
- Develop Directives and other documents for the implementation of Veterans Events.
- Liaise with the Marketing Department on developing an appealing event structure.
- Coordinate with the IT Department the inclusion of Veterans properties into the entry system, result system and WR systems.
- Coordinate the bidding process and communications with potential host cities.
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of Veterans events.
- Coordinate a frequent and timely evaluation of the Veterans events.
- Maintain close contact and communication with Local Organizing Committees (LOC).
- Liaise with all different stakeholders of an event ie. ITTF, LOC, National Associations, as needed.
- Work closely with ITTF Staff from different departments for the successful planning and delivery of events.
- Control and maintain event processes, people and tasks.
- Provide feedback internally for improving events.
- Candidates for the positions of ITTF Head of Veterans should demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary education in Sports Management;
- Experience working within sports competition management;
- Experience working within table tennis or other racket sports;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Organisational skills and ability to work with people from different nations and backgrounds;
- Readiness to work irregular and long hours during events;
- Sound Microsoft Office and computer skills;
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment;
- Flexible to provide after work hours support in urgent matters;
- Willingness to travel abroad if needed;
- Professional capacity to work in English.
- Professional capacity to work in multiple languages, in particular, English. Other languages like Chinese, French, Spanish etc will be considered a plus.
All applications must be made through the online application form on ITTF.com, and will only be accepted until 24th September 2018.
The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF)
The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) is responsible for the global sport of table tennis. It is the largest international federation in the world with 226 member associations.