Manager, Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE)
WADA is headquartered in Montreal, Canada and has regional offices in Cape Town, Lausanne, Montevideo and Tokyo. As of August 2018, the Agency employs approximately 120 employees and is represented by45 nationalities. We value the diversity of our employees – current and future – that, as a global team, endeavor every day to protect the rights of clean athletes worldwide.
WADA’s vision is a world where all athletes compete in a doping-free sporting environment.
WADA's mission is to lead a collaborative worldwide movement for doping-free sport.
The TUE Manager will join the Science and Medicine team and assist with the development and monitoring of the therapeutic use exemption process.
- Monitor TUEs with a focus on medical content and compliance with International Standard on TUEs (ISTUE) criteria;
- Prepare quarterly monitoring reports of WADA screens, interventions and reviews;
- Assist in the preparation of regular reports for WADA management;
- Work with the Anti-Doping Administration and Management System (ADAMS) group, the Medical Team and stakeholders from Anti-Doping Organizations (ADO) to develop new ADAMS TUE module;
- Support members of the WADA TUE Expert Group by assisting in the development/update of TUEC Guidelines and other projects relevant to sports medicine practice;
- Support WADA TUE Committee (TUEC) at all stages of preparation of WADA TUE Review decision documents.
- Support the interface between TUE and the List Expert Groups on subjects related to TUE activities;
- Maintain knowledge of TUE guidelines as they are updated and correctly apply these principles in the TUE monitoring process;
- Assist the Communications department in responding to TUE-related inquiries.
- Master’s Degree in Pharmacology and/or Life Sciences;
- Experience in pharmacology, pharmacy, clinical medicine and/or biological science;
- Knowledge and interest in medical guidelines and global good practice standards an asset;
- Knowledge in international sport, anti-doping and TUEs an asset;
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Database management skills, ideally with experience in multivariate data analysis and with statistical principles;
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy;
- Possesses strong cultural awareness as well as a sensitivity to the needs of various stakeholders;
- Excellent writing skills including scientific writing; previous experience authoring peer-reviewed biomedical publications an asset;
- Bilingual French and English; other languages would be an asset.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Fit with culture and organization values e.g. teamwork, team spirit and love of sport.
- Periodic evening and/or weekend work expected.