Assistant Karatedo Coach (Kata)
|Location||Hong Kong, Asia|
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Education|
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
(Annual remuneration package ranges from HK$306,095 to HK$609,682)
Reporting to the Karatedo Coach (Kata) under the oversight of the Head Karatedo Coach, the Assistant Karatedo Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To provide training for elite and junior athletes;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite youth training outcomes;
- To assist with the administration and coordination of logistics, accounting, coaching and team resources related to local and overseas squad training and competitions;
- To work on irregular hours occasionally;
- To assist the Karatedo Federation of Hong Kong, China to select and promote talent athletes; and
- To assist the HKSI and the Karatedo Federation of Hong Kong, China with coach education programmes.
- University degree holder or post-secondary Certificate/ Diploma, or its equivalent;
- Holder of a recognized coaching qualification equivalent to Hong Kong Coach Accreditation Programme Level 2 Certificate;
- High level of international results in Karatedo;
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional coaching experience for advanced level athletes in KARATEDO;
- Holder of a WKF/JKF recognized Dan certificate;
- Demonstration, understand and strong comprehension of the most popular kata of the WKF competition list;
- Ability to demonstrate in person and explain the advanced technical skills (Kata) would be a mandatory requirement;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High level of computer literacy (Microsoft word/excel); and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please click 'Apply' below and send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (HKSI)
The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results.