- Deliver a planned programme of strategic communications that reflects over all aims of the organisation.
- Create, develop and deliver marketing and branding initiatives that increase the profile and engagement with internal and external stakeholders including the promotion of England Boxing’s national competitions and international fixtures.
- Create, develop and deliver regular internal communications to England Boxings membership (Boxing Clubs, boxers, coaches, officials and volunteers) highlighting the work that goes on within and in support of the clubs and the sport.
- Produce content (in the form of stories, data, comment, infographics, social media activity and press releases) to create external awareness of the work that goes on within the sport at all levels.
- Enhance and manage the website and all digital media channels and develop new opportunities as they arise to increase profile and revenue including potential streaming opportunities.
- Oversee, manage and develop all the organisation’s social media communications channels and use these to increase engagement and dialogue with both the England Boxing membership and non-members that participate in boxing training and recreational boxing.
- Build strong and trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders including being the first point of contact for media enquiries and developing and enhancing traditional and new media relationships.
- Oversee the insight function of the organisation to get a comprehensive understanding of the current needs and future opportunities for the sport and its membership.
- Manage the delivery of the critical / crisis communication strategy for the organisation.
- Communicate to the membership educational and awareness initiatives e.g. anti-doping messaging.
- Manage and utilise the organisations archive.
- Manage relationships with third party suppliers (photographers, videographers, designers etc) that may be involved in the production of content for England Boxing.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the objectives of the organisation.
- Relevant degree level qualification.
- Track record of being able to think strategically but also be innovative and deliver at a hands-on level, including producing content and articles for press releases and social media channels.
- Able to demonstrate experience in using marketing initiatives to increase profile, awareness and enhancement of a brand, company or competition.
- A track record of developing and delivering multichannel campaigns and programmes of strategic communications, both inwards to a membership base and externally.
- Proven record in using consumer research and use of insight data to improve an organisations aims and objectives.
- Excellent oral, written communication skills, with an eye for detail, highly competent in use of Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, data bases and all digital media platforms.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to plan, deliver and perform under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in a highly competitive, dynamic and diverse environment.
- Adaptable and flexible in approach and committed to delivering new ways of communicating with the membership.
- Committed to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Some travel and weekend work will be required.
Experience in a similar role with a national governing body or in sports club environment.
Understanding and experience in developing income generating opportunities through new media platforms including online streaming.
ENGLAND BOXING Ltd is committed to valuing diversity and seeks to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the job.
We believe that people from different backgrounds can bring fresh ideas, thinking and approaches which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient.
The Company will not tolerate direct or indirect discrimination against any person on grounds of age, disability, gender / gender reassignment, marriage / civil partnership, pregnancy / maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation whether in the field of recruitment, terms and conditions of employment, career progression, training, transfer or dismissal.
It is also the responsibility of all staff in their daily actions, decisions and behaviour to endeavour to promote these concepts, to comply with all relevant legislation and to ensure that they do not discriminate against colleagues, customers, suppliers or any other person associated with the company.