Commercial Director - Red Bull Air Race
The Red Bull Air Race World Championship is the ultimate motorsport series in the sky and has been the driving force in aerial sport since 2003, thrilling fans and leaving them wanting more. We are looking for a Commercial Director (m/f) to plan, steer, overlook and evaluate all revenue driven areas, such as Partnerships, TV Sales, Ticketing, Hospitality, Merchandise, Licensing and Data Insights across the season and at all race events.
Areas that apply to your strengths
- Strategic planning & budgeting
As Commercial Director, you´ll be responsible for the strategic planning, execution and evaluation of processes and steer the collection and analysis of relevant market data to support decision-making processes. At the same time, you’ll deliver to set business planning and agreed to KPIs. The planning, supervision and delivery of budget targets is also part of your role.
- Partnerships and Sales
You’ll oversee the acquisition of new partners, support host cities in sponsorship acquisition and supervise as well as foster existing partnerships. Moreover, you’ll develop and manage sales of TV products as well as create and optimize ticket and hospitality sales strategies.
You’ll overlook and steer the creation, promotion and sale of official merchandise collection and foster awareness as well as global availability.
- Team Management
Additionally, you’ll run and oversee a team of managers / direct reports and business specific consultants and suppliers. The development of individual team members is an essential element of the role as well.
- Cross-functional collaboration
A holistic approach and solid delivery are crucial for close cooperation and alignment with Finance, Legal and Controlling (in all business technical matters) and with Aviation, Event Production, Marketing, Communications and TV Production (in all contract fulfilment matters).
- Give Advice
In addition, you’ll advise the Red Bull Air Race General Manager in the fields of Commercial Affairs and support all his responsible managers and their departments in reaching defined KPI’s.
Your experience includes
- 10+ years’ experience in commercial rights or sales management in a multinational corporate role
- Master in business administration (sales orientated) or sports management
- Experience working for either an international holding organization, official rights holder or sports association
- Excellent understanding of the organizational structure, relationships between stakeholders, competitions portfolio, event lifecycle, business model reporting needs and corporate development initiatives
- Extensive intercultural competence based on vast experience gained through international work assignments
- Self-confident in conducting negotiations
- Possesses managerial skills and experience in leading teams
- Fluent in English. German or any additional language is a plus