General Manager - Strategy, Intelligence and Networks - High Performance Sport New Zealand
1 day left
- Full Time
- Lead the HPSNZ strategy, intelligence and networks
- Senior leadership role
- Cambridge based
High Performance Sport New Zealand (HPSNZ) was established in 2011 to lead and deliver on key aspects of the High Performance (HP) Strategy in New Zealand. The HPSNZ vision is “to inspire the nation through more New Zealanders winning on the world stage at Olympic / Paralympic Games and World Championships with a focus on targeted sports”. The HPSNZ mission is “to create a world-leading, sustainable high performance sport system”. The philosophy of HPSNZ is “Performance Driven - Athlete Focused - Coach Led”.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the General Manager - Strategy, Intelligence and Networks is a member of the Senior Leadership Team with a primary focus on the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HPSNZ strategic priorities, themes and plans. The role also leads the HP Intelligence, Innovation and Regional Manager teams as well as managing the Cambridge National Training Centre HPSNZ operations.
The General Manager will play a key role in collaborating with and supporting the Project Manager - HP 2030 Blueprint on the design of the 2030 Blueprint and will lead the implementation of the Blueprint’s recommendations.
Specifically, the purpose of the role is to:
- Lead on the rollout, monitoring and evaluation of the High Performance System 2030 Blueprint.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate an underpinning rolling strategic plan to implement the strategic themes of the Blueprint.
- Develop, monitor and evaluation of the annual strategic priorities for HPSNZ.
- Establish and lead the high performance Intelligence Function and Innovation Projects to drive effective decision making and increase the effectiveness of the HP sport system.
- Establish and lead Athlete Monitoring Systems for the HP sport system.
- Manage the Cambridge National Training Centre HPSNZ operations and support the delivery of the Performance Hub Network and effective leadership of the Regional Managers.
- Contribute as a member of the HPSNZ Senior Leadership Team.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate a strong strategic mindset with significant experience in strategy and policy development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. This will be paired with a proven understanding of intelligence function and innovation programs, and the role they play in developing strategy to improve performance outcomes.
A true leader with excellent communication and decision making skills, you must be able to swiftly develop strong relationships and credibility with HP Directors, Coaches and stakeholders. You will need to have demonstrated experience in leading and managing successful teams in a high performance environment, as well as managing significant budgets, investment strategies and business processes. An understanding of high performance sport at an international level is also required.
This is an exciting time to be joining HPSNZ. With a new structure and renewed focus, you will be part of a world leading organisation committed to ensuring New Zealand's athletes and teams win on the world stage.