Manager Sport – Technical Operations
1 day left
- Full Time
The Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games Organising Committee (COJO) is a Law 1901 institution whose purpose is the organisation of the Games in line with the host city (Contract jointly signed by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the city of Paris, and the French National Olympic and Sports Committee (CNOSF)). From a technical perspective, the COJO will be specifically in charge of:
- Plan, organise, finance and deliver the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games alongside other associated events;
- Promote the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic games in France and internationally;
- Protect the Olympic and Paralympic values in accordance with the host city contract;
- Participate in ensuring the durability of the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic games
- Contribute to maximise Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games’ positive impact and legacy
- Alongside the- national sporting movement, promote the development of sports, and the Olympic and Paralympic movement in France and internationally;
The COJO is looking for a talented and independent manager to join the Sports Management department. He/she will oversee technical operations under the supervision of the Associated Director of Sports and will contribute to the delivery of sports competitions during the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
This position requires initiative, capacity to work on multiple projects while prioritizing appropriately. The operational dimensions of this mission require a great deal of practicality as well as the ability to work under pressure. The ideal candidate will clearly be action oriented. He/she will possess a capacity to work with different stakeholders from various backgrounds and could be tasked with representing the Sports Director or the Associate Director of Sports in meetings or events, as well as with engaging in public speaking during presentations to international federations and other parties, related to the promotion of the project.
This position requires excellent technical knowledge of sports and the delivery of sporting events. The candidate will also have exceptional oral and written English skills.
Mission and Main Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Sports he/she:
- Will be in charge of the coordination of the technical aspects linked to the delivery of sporting competitions during the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic games (field of play; competitions calendar; training sites; sporting equipment…) and the set-up of technical regulations for each International Federation.
- Will participate in close collaboration with the Sites & Infrastructures department in the development of the technical design of the fields of play for each Olympic and Paralympic sport, as well as the writing of the venue briefs.
- Will be responsible for the redaction of notes, presentations, follow up points of different subjects that he/she will manage.
- Will participate in the written design of the competencies of different actors (National Federations, International Federations, site managers, event organisers) in the delivery of sporting events in the ‘sport’ category.
- Will assist the Sports Director and the Associate Director of Sports in the strategic reflections and innovations of the department.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 8 years professional experience in sporting events delivery in France or internationally. Experience with the Olympic and Paralympic games is a plus.
- Excellent comprehension of technical elements needed to deliver a sporting event.
- In-depth knowledge of International Federations and the inner working of the global sports landscape.
- Good understanding of the stakes of the Olympic and Paralympic movement.
- Aligned with the values of sports
- Ability to lead, educate and create a collaborative team working environment turned towards excellence.
- Analytical mind, quick to learn, and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to communicate well publicly.
- Skills in formalising and structuring a creative process.
- Capacity to multitask, as well as to establish priorities to meet deadlines.
- High motivation with organised and efficient work manners, also within a low supervision environment.
- Stress-resilience while working on an international, large-scale, highly mediatized event.
- Excellent knowledge of digital tools.
- Fluent English skills (oral and written).