Women's Football Competitions Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development|
Division / Unit: Football / Women's Football
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible
Reporting to the Head of Women's Football, the Women's Football Competitions Manager manages the delivery of all UEFA women's football competitions and works with the Women's Football Competitions Expert to ensure the continued development and improvement of the competitions.
The Women's Football Competitions Manager drives and develops the UEFA Women's EURO (UEFA European Women's Championship) and is also responsible for the following competitions: European Qualifying Competition for the FIFA Women's World Cup, European Qualifying Competition for the Women's Olympic Football Tournament, UEFA European Women's Under-19 Championship, UEFA European Women's Under-17 Championship and UEFA Women's Champions League.
- Overseeing and managing all UEFA women's football competitions;
- Being the main lead and driver of the UEFA Women's EURO;
- Managing the women's football competitions' staff;
- Working with the Women's Football Competitions Expert to ensure the continued development and improvement of the competitions and develop a strategy for all competitions, particularly the UEFA Women's EURO;
- Being the main lead and driver of the sporting aspects for UEFA Women’s EURO, acting as a point of contact for stakeholders (internal, UEFA Women's Football Committee, UEFA member associations, clubs, FIFA, other football confederations, European Club Association, FIFPro, etc.);
- Managing the entry process for each competition;
- Preparing and managing draws, fixture lists, coefficients and workshops for each competition;
- Preparing competition manuals in consultation with the relevant UEFA units/divisions: UEFA Women's Champions League club manual, UEFA Women's EURO team manual and venue directors' manual, youth competition mini-tournament manual, youth venue directors' manual and youth competition final tournament manual;
- Monitoring matches in each competition and managing the required follow-up action in cooperation with the Football Operations Unit;
- Managing the sporting aspects of finals or final tournaments: match schedule, stadiums, training grounds, team hotels, team services, venue directors, delegates and match officials in cooperation with the relevant UEFA units/divisions;
- Compiling and managing budgets and forecasts for all competitions;
- Building relationships within UEFA and ensuring synergies with other units involved in women's competitions;
- Preparing reports on all women's competitions, as requested.
- From 4 to 6 years in football administration (e.g.with a football confederation, national association or top club)
- From 1 to 3 years in an international organisation
- Master's in Sport Management or equivalent
- English / Proficient
- Knowledge of other European languages would be an asset
- Budget Management / Proficient
- MS Office / Proficient
- Knowledge of football
- Interest in women's football
- Available to travel
The Union of European Football Associations is the administrative body for association football in Europe.