IPC Scientific Co-ordinator
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Medicine & Science, Sport & Exercise Science Services|
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Paralympic Summer and Winter Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Scientific Co-ordinator (f/m/x) in a multi-cultural team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
These will be your tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the assessment of research needs and demands of the Paralympic Movement and support the identification of strategies to address priority demands
- Identify strategies for the promotion of sport science education in the Paralympic Movement
- Assist in the successful delivery of IPC scientific initiatives to disseminate scientific knowledge through conferences, workshops, meetings and publications, with specific emphasis to the VISTA Conference and classification research expert meetings
- Day-by-day co-ordination of contractual agreements for IPC sports science projects with third parties, with specific emphasis on classification research projects
- Assist in the further development and implementation of a concept for recognition of Paralympic Centres of Excellence
- Assist in the further development and implementation of institutional partnerships with academic institutions and organisations
- Support the day-by-day operations of the IPC Medical & Scientific Department as required
You should be an energetic, open-minded individual with a passion to work for a global sports organisation.
Furthermore, you should meet these requirements:
- Have a BA/MA in Sport Science with major in Paralympic Sport / adapted physical activity
- Have a strong research interest, preferably through some working experience in an academic environment
- Have a good understanding of Paralympic classification and evidence-based classification research
- Have the ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
- Have the proven ability to meet deadlines, to multitask and to operate with limited supervision
- Have strong analytical and organisational skills
- Be open minded, diplomatic, flexible and a team player
- Have good communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels
- Have excellent English verbal and written skills (knowledge of other languages is an advantage)
- Have excellent user knowledge in MS Office and project management tools
You will report to the IPC Medical & Scientific Director.
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, send your CV and cover letter in English by 31 July 2018, by clicking the apply button below. Please also state your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro).
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply. We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply, whom we are ready to support in finding accessible accommodation or in any other important matters.
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
As one of the largest sports organisations in the world, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the international umbrella organisation of sport for athletes with an impairment.