Senior Manager, Media Relations & Communications
Formed in 1921, the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) is the governing body for all international events in Jumping, Dressage and Para-Equestrian Dressage, Eventing, Driving and Para-Equestrian Driving, Endurance, Vaulting and Reining. It establishes the regulations and approves equestrian programmes for Championships, Continental and Regional Games as well as the Olympic & Paralympic Games.
FEI promotes equestrianism in all its forms and encourages the development of the FEI equestrian disciplines throughout the world, keeping the welfare of the horse at the heart of all activities.
Today, the FEI has 133 members of National Federations and there are over 4,000 international events annually, including a number of FEI Championships and global FEI series. Over 90,000 riders and horses are registered and women and men compete as equals.
Over 90 FEI staff are working in FEI’s Headquarters in Lausanne, ensuring the sport continues to grow and flourish, the rules are enforced, the results are processed, the international calendar is managed, and that the very values that are at the core of equestrian sport are safeguarded and promoted.
The FEI is looking for a Senior Manager, Media Relations & Communications with 100% rate of activity for its Communications Department. The position is based in Lausanne and is available in September/October, but preferably beginning of September 2018.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Director Communications, the Senior Manager, Media Relations & Communications will ensure a true 360° approach to strategic communications, using global media and wider platform opportunities to raise awareness of the FEI and equestrian sport, reinforcing the Federation’s reputation with key stakeholders, and securing strong profile to support the FEI’s commercial drive with new sponsors.
- Securing stand-out profile in global media supporting the FEI, its values and initiatives, equestrian sport and the commercial focus through the use of strong writing, visual (e.g. images & video) and media event skills
- Building deep relationships with the world’s most influential media, including major news agencies and global broadcasters
PR for FEI President/Secretary General
- Proactively securing visibility for the plans and visions of the FEI President, FEI Secretary General and other key FEI personnel, through strategic interviews, speaker opportunities, Op-Eds etc to showcase expertise at the FEI and promote the organisation as a sports leader.
- Working in tandem with the Communications Director on issues and reputation management;
- Providing direct support to the Communications Director;
- Managing the work streams of the Media Relations Officer;
- Providing weekend on-call support when required;
- General administration related to media relations and communications;
- Supporting corporate communications initiatives as and when required.
- University degree (or another diploma) in Communications, Public/Media Relations, Journalism or a related discipline
- Native English speaker, fluency in other languages is a plus
- A solid and proven track record of working in international environment. Experience within the sports industry is a plus
- Significant experience of building relationships with media across all platforms
- Solid diplomacy skills in order to communicate with a wide variety of cultures and nationalities
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, demonstrating empathy and sensitivity
- Excellent ability to respond quickly to internal demands and a changing workload and meet deadlines
- An interest in or understanding of equestrian sport is a strong asset
If you are interested in the position, please send your full application by e-mail to email@example.com by 10 August 2018.