Senior Business Affairs Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Finance & Procurement, Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement, Strategy & Research, Planning & Strategy|
Division / Unit: UEFA Events SA / Division Management
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: 01.09.2018
The Senior Business Affairs Manager supports the CEO of UEFA Events SA in all financial and business matters relevant to the company, and facilitates the decision-making process by providing ad hoc economic reviews of the company's activities as well as financial analyses of business development initiatives.
The position requires an acute ability to anticipate the needs for specific reports, with the capacity to draft and produce adequate analysis at various levels of detail, sometimes to tight deadlines and with minimal guidance or information.
The Senior Business Affairs Manager works in close collaboration with the Controlling Unit of the UEFA Finance Division, in particular for producing financial statements for UEFA Events SA, and has to regularly interact with the senior management of UEFA and UEFA Events SA, as well as members of UEFA committees.
Mid- to long-term view:
- Contributing to the development of corporate strategic documents (e.g. business plans) in application of the vision and mission of the company and ensuring compliance with UEFA's long-term financial planning;
- Performing financial simulations and cost-benefit analyses of new projects and business development initiatives to assess their impact on the company's resources and activities;
- Taking part in the preparation of bid requirements and the review of bids to host UEFA events;
- Reviewing commercial tenders managed by UEFA Events SA to ensure compliance with UEFA's long-term financial planning;
- Analysing commercial agreements and formulating recommendations for their optimisation according to the operational needs and in line with UEFA's governance guidelines and best practices.
Short- to mid-term view:
- Overseeing budget management activities for UEFA EURO 2020, including participation in EURO budget group meetings, in collaboration with UEFA's Controlling Unit;
- Performing ad hoc reviews of business processes and guidelines across all divisions and units of UEFA Events SA to ensure compliance with corporate regulations;
- Developing financial monitoring processes, reporting and simulation tools.
- From 5 to 7 years in a financial controlling role at multinational corporate level;
- Good understanding of the organisational structure, relationships between stakeholders, competitions portfolio, event lifecycle, business model reporting needs, and corporate development initiatives.
- Bachelor's in finance or management
- Additional financial qualifications a plus
- English / Proficient
- French and/or German are important assets
- Other languages a plus
- Loyalty, strong sense of confidentiality of information and business ethics;
- Excellent interpersonal skills allowing direct interaction with all levels of management in an international environment;
- Capacity to handle large amount of data from various sources and to translate it into accurate and concise executive summary documents;
- Ability to formulate financial recommendation notes for senior management and committee level;
- Very good reporting and data visualisation skills;
- Team player, assertive communicator;
- Pragmatic spirit, good judgement and solution-oriented;
- Interest in new technological developments;
- MS Excel / Advanced
- MS PowerPoint / Advanced
- MS Word / Advanced
The Union of European Football Associations is the administrative body for association football in Europe.