Badminton Europe is the Continental Confederation administering the sport of badminton in Europe. There are currently 9 full time employees backing up an elected Board of Directors of 14 Directors and 52 Member Associations. The new employment reflects a restructure in the office and an increased activity level.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for delivering on current partnerships and establishing new partnerships. Next to this the Commercial Manager will be responsible for monetization of digital initiatives. In delivering on the above the Commercial Manager will be liaising with the Commercial Commission and the Senior Management.
The work will include some travelling and some flexibility in working hours will be required.
Relevant working areas
- Major events
- High performance
- Sport for All
Overall areas of responsibility
- Deliver on KPI’s, reporting
- Responsible for Commercial Commissions
- Agendas, presentations
- Ensuring relevant Communication around the commercial area
- Support Senior Managers, General Secretary in terms of
- Overall management of the relevant working area
- Budgets, accounts
- Ensuring appropriate planning and use of resources
- Report to Commission and Board
- Liaison with current partners
- Seeking new partnerships
- Promotion material
- Digital Strategy
- Partner servicing
- VIP arrangements
- Report to partners and host
- Streaming/betting agreements with organisers
- Liaison with betting partner
- Ensuring tournaments deliver on commercial agreements as per regulations
- Optimizing the viewing experience of streaming productions
- Seeking partnerships
- Reports to partners
- Seeking partnerships for the COE
- Seeking partnerships for the players at the COE
- Support players in contract negotiations with potential partners
- Reports to partners
Sport for all
- Seeking partnerships for the sport for All area
- Reports to partners following activities
- Through the BASIS program assist MAs to develop their own Commercial strategies and partnerships.
- You have experience working with strategies and the relevant implementation
- You have experience with sports marketing
- You have experience with digital marketing
- You have a university degree of 3-5 years duration
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- You are familiar with the world of badminton
- You have initiative and personal drive
- You can work and deliver within deadlines
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office
Remunerations will be 26.000 DKR/month + 12% pension.
The successful candidate will have to re-locate to Copenhagen and should have the necessary work permission in the EU to be considered for the job. The preferred candidate should fit in well in a young and dynamic environment.
Interested applicants are invited to send a written application or a video application and a detailed CV by e-mail via the apply button below;
Please mark the application: COMMERCIAL MANAGER
All applications must reach the above address by Wednesday 1 August 2018 at 12.00 CET. Interviews are foreseen for Tuesday 14 August 2018 Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The selected candidate is expected to start 1 October 2018.