Racing Authority Manager
|Location||Hong Kong, Asia|
|Sector||Clubs & Teams|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Strategy & Research|
One of the responsibilities of the Racing Division is to oversee all matters relating to the Club’s functions and powers as the Racing Authority which controls and supervises horse racing in Hong Kong and this includes the leveraging of the Club’s pre-eminent capabilities as a Racing Authority to assist the Club achieve its China strategy and other business objectives, and ensuring that the Club is positioned as a leader in the organisational structures for racing at regional and world levels.
The job holder reports to the Executive Manager, Racing Authority (External) (EMRA(E)) and is responsible for the following areas:
- Coordinating and supporting HKJC dealings with the Racing Authorities of other countries
- Operating the Asian Racing Federation (ARF) Secretariat
- Coordinating and supporting the delivery of the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities (IFHA) portfolio responsibilities of the HKJC.
Executive Director, Racing’s Office
- Assist in the operation of the ARF Secretariat, including corporate secretariat responsibility for Executive Council meetings and meetings of the General Assembly, and coordination of ARF Committees.
- Assist to coordinate HKJC adoption and implementation of the International Agreement on Breeding, Racing & Wagering. Compilation of annual returns of statistics on wagering, prizemoney and prohibited substances testing.
- Support the development of the Business Programme for the Asian Racing Conferences (ARCs), liaise with the Organising Committee for each ARC on preparation for each ARC and assist to coordinate the Executive Council’s process for selecting future ARC host countries.
- Assist to coordinate and support HKJC engagement in IFHA Executive Council and Technical Committees.
- Support the ARF Executive Council Member for Developing Nations in monitoring development of racing in the ARF region, provision of assistance, and the vetting of applications for ARF membership.
- Assist to coordinate and support the delivery of IFHA portfolio responsibilities of the IFHA including movement of horses, intellectual property rights protection for racing and harmonisation of raceday rules.
- Assist to coordinate and support the public-private partnership with the World Animal Health Organisation (OIE) and the formal structure for partnership with the International Equestrian Federation (FEI), the International Horse Sports Confederation (IHSC), with the goal of achieving improved conditions for the international movement of horses including enhanced access to suitable markets for horses to race in Hong Kong.
- Assist in the management of the ARF and ARF Pattern Races websites, including editorial supervision of ARF Bulletins, and updating of website as required. Identify and develop improvements to the ARF website, and ARF business and promotional communications and programmes (including electronic and potential social media opportunities).
- Support EMRA(E) as required, including with research, strategy development, office administration and projects.
You should have:
- Tertiary qualifications in law, commerce or economics.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the racing industry.
- Demonstrated organisational skills sufficient to operate the ARF Secretariat, including planning meetings for Executive Council and the General Assembly.
- Effective coordination skills to facilitate the Club’s adoption and implementation of the international Agreement on Breeding, Racing & Wagering.
- Active collaboration with the Organizing Committee of ARCs to support the Business Program development and coordinate the Executive Council’s process for selecting future ARC host countries.
- Ability to coordinate and support HKJC engagement in IFHA Executive Council and Technical Committees.
- Competent in monitoring the development of Racing in the ARF region, as well as providing assistance and vetting of ARF membership applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills alongside with strong written and numeracy skills.
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Closing Date of Application
Closing date for applications is 20 July 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
How to apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary using the 'apply now' button. Please include your resume with expected salary.
Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world leading horse racing organisation. A truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.