Pan America Development Manager
|Location||Work from Home|
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Strategy & Research, Academy, Community & Development|
The ITTF wishes to retain the selected person, on a non-exclusive basis, to act as an independent consultant to provide to the ITTF the services described below.
The position will be home-based, with extensive international travel required. Applicants should be willing to work as required to perform the agreed duties with excellence.
The Pan America Development Manager will report to the ITTF Continental Development Manager.
The Pan America Development Manager will be paid a remuneration, based on skillset, experience, and place of residency.
The Consultant undertakes to respect all fiscal and social legislation, particularly those in force in his/her country of residence. In particular, the ITTF will not pay any social charges, as the Consultant is acting in an independent capacity.
The Pan America Development Manager position is offered for one year, with an evaluation period of three months.
To provide strong pathways for players, coaches, officials and administrators to transition from community to high performance. Courses can be held for Coach Education, Umpire Education, Administration Education, Training Camps, Competition Organization or Development of a National Sports System.
- Implementation of the ITTF and ITTF-Latin America & ITTF-North America Development Agreements.
- Liaison with the National Associations within the Latin America Table Tennis Union and the North America Table Tennis Union, in regards to providing support for their development needs.
- Secure and service grants under Olympic Solidarity within Pan America and to provide support and guidance to National Association to maximize the potential of National Olympic Committees to support table tennis courses funded through Olympic Solidarity. Assist National Associations with their submissions for Olympic Solidarity funding.
- Maintain an overview of the budget for the Continental Development Program Agreements, and report formally on a quarterly basis to the ITTF Continental Development Manager.
- Ensure adequate data collection takes place for all development activities through standardised reporting, and that all data is collected and reported to the ITTF Continental Development Manager.
- Liaise with equipment suppliers and sponsors to ensure that National Associations receive assistance in the form of equipment packages.
- Other duties as required by the ITTF Continental Development Manager.
Candidates for the position of Pan America Development Manager should demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary education in Sports Management, Development or Business;
- Five years experience working in international sport development;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects;
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Proven ability to build rapport with wide range of stakeholders;
- Sound Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills.
- Professional capacity to work in English and Spanish (Portuguese would be a plus);
- Experience in the sport of Table Tennis;
- Knowledge of Olympic Solidarity.
The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF)
The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) is responsible for the global sport of table tennis. It is the largest international federation in the world with 226 member associations.