Technical Project Manager
Deltatre is the global leader in providing innovative and ground-breaking media and technology solutions where sports and entertainment are united.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Turin, Italy, Deltatre provides a comprehensive range of services in the digital, broadcast, and stadium sectors for the world’s largest sport and entertainment events, teams, leagues/federations, media partners and brands.
Our client portfolio includes UEFA, FIFA, NFL, English Premier League, ATP World Tour, European Tour, European Athletics, FOX, BBC, BT Sport, Star TV, among others. Deltatre supports rights owners and holders in delivering multi-dimensional and multi-platform sporting coverage focusing on online/OTT, broadcast, and stadium environments. Integrated services provided by Deltatre range from sport media strategies, creative and design, websites, mobile apps, live streaming and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, to delivery of results, TV graphics and additional on-venue services, as well as a comprehensive sport event management system.
With over 500 people across offices in London, Paris, Geneva, Mumbai, Singapore, Tokyo and Los Angeles, as well as others, Deltatre has over 30 years of experience at the highest level of international sport.
Are you a digital Project Manager with a proven track record of working on the full software development life cycle of online web-based projects? Does it interest you to learn and use the latest toolsets and techniques in an exciting industry?
Here at deltatre, we’re looking for a Technical Project Manager with previous experience working on high traffic multi-tiered applications, to fulfill typical project management tasks and also demonstrate extensive experience and knowledge as a back-end developer.
The position will cover a range of projects and will require participation in client meetings and from time to time require out of office hours support around the sports events. Input into product development, technology strategic direction, and mentoring junior team members would also be expected.
- Leading development work on new and existing projects
- Owning the technical direction and architecture of a solution
- Leading scoping, estimation, and sprint planning
- Gathering client requirements to create project plans and requirements documents
- Management of a large project team, including geographically distributed members
- Multiple stakeholder management, including senior clients and Board leve
- Identify and evaluate project risks/issues and able to devise & implement effective mitigation strategies
- Budget and capacity management
- Recognising and highlighting potential new business opportunities with the client
- Interact with various multi-disciplinary development teams and stakeholders
- Extensive digital project management experience in an agency environment
- Clear and demonstrable experience of delivering a large online project in an Agile environment
- First class understanding and proven experience of budget and capacity management
- An extensive understanding of digital media, including web technologies, online streaming and apps
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience in TDD, task estimation, and sprint planning
- Desirable experience with Mobile or OTT development
- Wireframe and IA design skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Project and other Microsoft technologies (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Formal Agile qualification highly desirable
In return we can offer you:
- A friendly, relaxed and flexible work environment in Wimbledon
- A competitive salary with private healthcare and other benefits
- Use of the latest technologies where you deem them appropriate
- Support for your career development and access to training
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our team and feel you have the right skills and personality for this role, please click 'Apply' below and send a short letter of application (including your salary requirements) and your cv. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone for a screening and those who meet the requirements will be invited to a face-to-face interview. We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments or if you have any special requirements for the interview process. Depending on the role this normally includes a written test and interview. Please note that we will only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.
If you are ready for the challenge and opportunity this role offers then we look forward to hearing from you!