Equine Rehabilitation Manager
|Location||Hong Kong, Asia|
|Sector||Science & Medicine|
|Function||Medicine & Science|
Department of Veterinary Clinical Services
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
The Hong Kong Jockey Club is building a dedicated Thoroughbred training centre at Conghua in Guangdong Province, South China, which will open in mid-2018. The centre will be equipped with state-of-the-art racehorse training facilities and will accommodate 1,400 horses when full. Horses will shuttle down to Hong Kong to race although “show-case” race meetings will be held in Conghua from early 2019 onwards.
The Conghua Training Centre (CTC) will include a world-class equine hospital that will be staffed by a team of veterinarians and support staff. In addition, there will be a dedicated Rehabilitation Unit that will be equipped with relevant facilities.
We are looking for a graduate in Equine Science (ideally with a physical therapy modality) or an experienced Equine Veterinary Nurse to join the veterinary team at the HKJC to develop rehabilitation services for horses in race training at the Club. You will work in Hong Kong and CTC and you will help to establish and manage the Rehabilitation Unit at CTC. You will oversee the provision of relevant therapies to horses based at CTC and to cases that are referred there from Hong Kong.
You will report to and receive direct support from the Head of Veterinary Clinical Services
You will be primarily responsible for:
- Developing operational practices at the Rehabilitation Unit.
- Training two or more support staff to provide help to administer therapeutic modalities.
- Working closely with veterinarians in the Department of Veterinary Clinical Services (DVCS) to develop rehabilitation plans for horses in need.
- Overseeing the application of relevant therapies to cases and reporting directly to trainers on the progress of cases.
- Hold a relevant qualification in Equine Physical Therapy, Equine Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation or Equine Veterinary Nursing.
- Have experience in equine veterinary practice and be able to demonstrate competence in relevant core skills in equine physical therapy.
- Have experience in the Thoroughbred industry.
- Be enthusiastic and motivated to learn.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A three year contract of employment will be offered to the successful candidate. You will be based in Hong Kong and you will be required to travel to the CTC on a weekly basis to oversee treatment of horses in the rehabilitation unit.
Closing date for applications is 20th July 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
How to apply
Please click 'Apply' below and send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world leading horse racing organisation. A truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.